guestion about tattoos

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I got a tattoo when I was 19. Didnt have no issues with seizures or any problems.

Yep,i got my tattoo when i was twentysix and had no problems whatsoever with pain,stress or seizures.For the record i was diagnosed at seventeen so had epilepsy for a while before the tattoo.

I need help!!!!!

I am tryin to get a tattoo.... Guess ma parents are gonna put up an xcuse of me having epilepsy.... Dt seriously sucks... So I wanna know for sure whether dr is any problem in me gettin a tattoo even if I have epilepsy... Does it affect ma health??????:e:

I got a tattoo on my back before I had epilepsy. I guess it would be considered a tramp stamp but I didn't know that when I got it.

I had back surgery last month which left a scar on the tattoo. The surgeon (not my nuro) said I could get it fixed up. I haven't asked my neuro about. I don't think I'm going to have anythng done to it because you hardly notice the scar. If I do I'll ask the neuro to see what he says.

As everyone else said if you don't have a high tolerence for pain or will get stressed out about it you might have a seizure. I'm pretty good with pain but stress is a huge trigger for me. I don't remember my hurting too bad when it was done.

I'd tell the tattoo place that you have epilepsy, espically if you have grand mals. I don't know what could happen if you started shaking while you are on the table. I'd take someone with you too who know's you have epilepsy incase something would happen.

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Hi

Call me a masochist but, I have a tattoo in each armpit, one on my butt cheek and I've just had one done on my forearm of a celtic cross and my daughters name above it.

Who on earth gets a tattoo in their armpit??? :ponder: I've never heard of that before. What's it of if you don't mind me asking?

oh yeah

Thanks a lot fo d advice;-);-) i vl do xactly dt.... Yeah sure vl. Let u knw wen i hve d tat... Jus kerpin fingers crossd dt ma parents allow;-);-):e:

Well all I can say is just be careful I mean I have 5 tattoos and none of them really bothered me. I have them on my forearms, upper arm, and back. I have also had my Lebrey and ears pierced also sorry about the spelling though but yeah just talk to them and see what the artist says and ask them about how they feel about it.

Well put Jeffery M,i would also ask to see their previous work to see their skill at tattooing,no one wants to come out with a horrible tattoo,looking nothing like you asked for.

This thread immediately caught my attention. I think getting tattoos can be stressful for some but perhaps because they don't know what it's like and are nervous and that causes the brain to overreact. However, if you've had tattoos before and nothing happened, it's likely to be okay.

I personally just got my 5th Tattoo and I mean JUST, on February 23rd. I got it because I wanted a permanent reminder of not only how lucky I am to be alive but to honor the paramedics who saved me. And since I've had tattoos previously, I knew what to expect and what it felt like so I wasn't worried. Everyone's different but after being in the most stressful situation possible, being in the hospital 4 times and having two major surgeries, a tattoo is nothing.

As for medications, if you are on meds that thin the blood, blood thinners or whatever, that can affect a tattoo. You can bleed more and possibly take longer to heal. Certain foods can thin the blood too.

My recommendation is to ask your doctor first and if you think it's safe, get plenty of rest right before, take your meds, limit the caffeine and whatever you do, don't drink before, that thins the blood as well.

Back
Top Bottom