How do you feel, what do you think?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

If you don't mind me asking, what ARE they supposed to do in cases of other seizures?

Well in my case I was having a CPS. All they needed to do was make sure I was safe. Of course time it, and make sure I fully came out of it. Which I usually do in about 5 minutes.

In this instance I was in the EMU for my second round of video monitoring. The first round captured at least two tonic clonics and various readings. But this time I had a CPS while my family was with me in the room. So they pushed the alert button to get the nurses attention. When the nurse came in and started asking me questions, this nurse got lost. My family explained that I was having a seizure, and I would come around in about five minutes. This nurse was puzzled, and kept asking me questions. Eventually I came around and started to respond to the nurse. Don't get me wrong, this was a good nurse. They just need to be more trained in the many different kinds of seizures. The next day I did have a tonic clonic, and the nurses of the EMU were quick on the call.

If you don't mind me asking, what ARE they supposed to do in cases of other seizures?

When I am in the ER, they give me ativan or Lorazepam sublingual. If that doesn't work they rush me around to CTscans, MRI's, blood tests etc. At least they are doing something.

Every seizure is different in a different person. Would you know what to do if you were the nurse?

I don't let E run my life. There are others who can't drive or choose not drive. I've never driven and I'm not sure if I'd want to with he crazy drivers out there either, and yes I'd love to be seizure free and do things I've never done and never take another AED again in my life.I have other health problems so I can't say for certain I'll never be drug free. I would like to go through life without seeing the look on people's faces after I've had a seizure though.

Back
Top Bottom