How long have you had Epilepsy?

How long have you had Epilepsy?

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I have had it for almost 2 years, but feel like I don't have it at all because the seizures are so infrequent. I guess that is a good thing though.

36 years of my own and 13 years of my son's epilepsy, which I have to say, stresses me out more than if were just me having it. Oh well. At least I can help him.

I have had epilepsy for 62 years. Please overlook my forgetting things.

I was diagnosed with epilepsy the morning of Wednesday, August 20 1997. I know what I was wearing, too. Some things you don't forget.

Thats me just turned eighteen years now,what a birthday to celebrate,can i drink now???

I was diagnosed when I was 15,a month before the Junior Cert (big exams).Needless to say they didn't go so smoothly as I wasn't controlled.
I remember I was doing the dishes and I kept having myoclonic seizures and my Mum kept telling me to stop doing that because it was attention seeking behaviour.You see my Dad has epilepsy too but he just has Tonic Clonic seizures,so she'd never seen them before.
I remember putting a plate into a cupboard and then I was at the other side of the house in my eldest brothers old bed with my other older brother sitting on the end of the bed,telling me that Mum was ringing Dad to tell him what happened.

I'll never forget that.

So next year in May it will be 10 years.

Aren't you lucky I was about 12 when I started with myclonics and after throwing my breakfast around for a few weeks and getting clouted for being stupid my parents began to realise maybe it wasn't me being stupid and maybe there was something wrong then I was taken to lincoln hospital for an eeg

I have had it so long I got a perfect score from the epilepsy foundation. woo Hoo! lol
But, my nephew went to Dubai last week with his mom and dad (my brother) and at the Dubai airport had a grand mal seizure. And a fever of 105. He is almost two. I can not stand not being with him. Did I say that right?Now he is having night terrors. Or nocturnal seizures. I did not see him so I can not truely say. He has a ear and throat infection. I mean, that's how mine started. High fever. Pray for him.

around 8ish years, i never write things down so i dont remember exactally, but i do know i was at friends with all my friends pulling all nighter.... was horrible

i put at birth b/c my dr says i have had it since then but didnt surface for me til 16.14 yrs ago its heriditary someone in my family dont know who must be on my dads side.but i remember the diagnosis like it was yesterday.cause it killed football for me

I was diagnosed almost 40 years ago. My sister was diagnosed as an infant 56 years ago.
My cousin was diagnosed 45 years ago.

I had my first Grand Mal on my mom's 40th birthday :/ August 31, 1991 will be 21 years. Poor mom :( I was on a date with my now husband.

I've had epilepsy ever since I was seven years old. My first seizure was in the restroom at my elementary school.

I got it from the chicken pox when I was 12 and I am 47 now. I used to space out before that, my mom said. They did not believe my mom when she said I had a seizure. Until I had one in her dental office that she worked in. then it was right on to oh something like pheonobarbitol or one of the tested and true ones.

Have had epilepsy for 46 years now and still trying to understand everything about it,learn something new all the time (not like doctors).

It was exactly four years ago tomorrow when i had my first witnessed tonic clonic.

12th of july in Ballymena, i remember it well. Up until the seizure that is lol.

3 years more or less. got nailed with two in a row, same night.
Watched myself walk in the front door from across the room, screamed in terror (you know...because that just shouldn't ever happen) then seized.
had 3 or 4 since...I think. It's hard to keep track I cant remember them at all.

Think from childhood in milder form but first big seizure 2nd feb 2007 diagnosed November 2007

Leanne xx
Always remember you are someone's reason to smile!! šŸ˜Š

Back
Top Bottom