IEP Went Very Well

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tinasmom

New
Reaction score
:woot:

Well, after working all weekend in getting everything organized and reasearched, we finally have an IEP. The meeting was 3 hours long, but my questions were answered and everyone, with the exception of the Occupational Therapist, listened to me. The woman from downtown, was trying to make me back down, regarding educational records, by telling me that she would have their lawyer look into it. She does not know that I am not afraid of a lawyer. I know that it helped to have an advocate with me, because the attitudes were so different. When they saw that we had a tape recorder, they went and got a tape recorder. I still think that a couple of them didn't like the idea that I had my Wrightslaw books with me and put them on the table opened to the first issue. I knew that they did not want to walk away without this being resolved. So now on to my next challenge, getting the school district seizure trained.

Woo Hoo

:cheers:

Here's a mug of my very best coffee. You deserve a break after all that hard work. Nicole is so lucky to have you.

:cheers:

Enlist the help of your local paramedics. I am sure they would love to educate teachers on many issues.

Thank you everyone for your support and listening to my rants. You are all wonderful and have been such a help to me and my family.

Our local paramedics don't even have adequate seizure training. My friend Jeanns has worked training some of the paramedics. I think there is resistance because people are afraid of Epilepsy. It's still something people don't like to talk about. Little by little we can change this and it will happen, I truly believe this in my heart.

Yeah for you!

I'm so very happy to hear that the IEP meeting went really well. They're no fun, I know from experience, and sometimes they can be downright scary.

WAY TO GO!

I have some cheesecake on hand over here that my kids bought, if you want some...........

Yeah for you!:clap::clap::clap:

Cheesecake is one of my favorites. Now I've got something sweet to go with that cup of coffee from BuckeyeFan.

That's some true grit Laura. :cowboy: Congrats.

:yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee:

Yay for you and your daugter! She's lucky to have such a great mom. Hopefully you've made it easier for future students and parents as well??!!

:banana:

Time to be Rockin' and Rollin'

:rock:

You win - HANDS DOWN!

Back
Top Bottom