It's been quiet in the forums lately. Is everyone OK?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bernard

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
Hopefully, life is just keeping everyone busy, but when E is in the picture, you never know.

Stacy and I have been fairly busy driving all over town to see doctors and I haven't been in the office as much as I would have liked. This leads to a backlog of work when I am in the office of course.

But, our schedule is settling down now. Thank goodness the school year has started. Our boys were ready for it a month ago I think.

Well I have a chest infection nothing major just annoying.

We go to court on Monday to revoke sperm donars parental rights, adoption right around the corner now. Everthing thing else has been accomplished. WOO-HOO.

Getting the house ready. My girlfriend is moving back to Vegas after living in Germany for 17 years. Also trying to find her a place to live close to me. AHhhhh old times! My fishing buddy will be back! Oooo we were so BAD! I may disappear for a few days when she gets here. Need to buy her some

87054da7.jpg

Other than that SSDD!:pfft:

Donna you want alist of herbs for for your chest infection? If so email me.

FEEL BETTER ((((((((HUGS)))))))

GOOD LUCK IN COURT !!!!!!!!!!

HAVE FUN WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!

((((((((HUGS)))))))))))
Riva

Thanks Riva, I appreciate the thought. I'm not allowed to take any suppliments or OTC shit. That methotrexate is wicked and doesn't play well with others.

Birdbomb, your plate is always fully loaded. I hope you get to enjoy a small vacation when your friend arrives. :)

Me too! It would be great to get back out to the lake and go fishing. Although Lake Mead hasn't been this low since it was filled and ALL our old fishing holes are now dry land.

Think I'll go check out some tackle today!

fishing.gif

Yes, busy,busy,busy!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Just got home from work!

My 3 boys have been back in school for almost a month now. My job started back full-time this month. With a husband, 3 kids, and a house to take care of, there is not a lot of time left.

I've been totally off my meds now for 2 weeks. It has amazed me how much adjusting my body has had to do! I am feeling pretty good.

Homeopathy is going well. I go in for a follow-up next week. I'm also going to see my neuro next week. He wants to see how I'm doing off my meds.

Hope everyone is well.

Here comes the school bus!

Blessed

That's great news (about the 2 weeks and no meds/seizures) Blessed! :brock:

That is good news all the way around. I wish I could say two weeks with no meds or seizures. I can't even say I could sing for the last two weeks.... something I love to do.

Blessed: That's awesome news to hear

Donna: I'm sure you're excited about what
all is coming up!

Stacy:
No more E's!!!

Bernard:
You're a good man! Stacy's lucky
to have you!

Riva: You sound like you've been busy!

As for me - now if I can stay out of the
Hospital and stop with those E's; and get
my meds fixed up - I wanna FISH! I'm getting
hook, line, and sinker withdrawls!
:(

Blesssed congrats to you !!!!!!!!!! So happy the homeopathy is working out for you!!!

Can't wait to hear what the nuero has to say !!!!!!!!

Donna forgot about that med that stops the herbs. Thats too bad I have found those herbs for the lungs to be a lifesaver after the anti biotics .

Hope you have a great time with your girlfriend!!!

Riva

My daughter will begin school next wednesday, but my grandma was ill, nothing important, she is 88:lol:but the doctor said it would be better to go there.(hospital)
Today the glasses of our car have been broken:mad:it is the second time this year.
I was busy with my mother in law clothes, in the place where she is going to be, after nine months in hospital, it is like school and one must mark (put the name) on every cloth she has.It is tiring, and lets hope tomorrow will be a better day.

Hi everyone,

I do get busier in the weekdays. You may aswell say you won't see me on Tues, Wed because I do voluntary work on both those days then on Wed night I go to TAFE where I am studying MYOB (an accouting program). I also do some voluntray work on Thursday mornings for a couple of hours at a nursing home.

Since I live in Australia it's not often that I'm on at the same time as everyone else. I do try to get on here most days though and check out the posts, although I don't always post.

Thanks for responding everyone. I'm glad it's just a case of people being busy. :)

ok

yeah i'm ok, i had a pretty serious tc, on epilim... well, i stopped taking it for a bit because i was sinking into serious depression. then i started again (this is like messing up doses in period of a week) to be met by the worst seizure i'd ever experienced! i had a black eye, a yellow temple @ the other eye, deep purple bruises on my thighs, cuts on my palms from smashed glass/shelf fallen over and a cut on my eyebrow... i was about to take a piss at the time, so i missed the toilet. rofl!

but yeah just stuck with the lows i guess (suicide vs seizures)... what kind of antidepressants can you go on while on epilim?

Last edited:
and i've lately been seeing this black spot in the corner of my right eye. it's worse reading black font on a white background (not on a computer as much as magazines, it was really bad last night, reading a vogue article in the bath)

have you heard of this, maybe it's a side effect of meds im on? (epilim)

Oh my 1096, you've had a rough time lately. Stacy has also had a TC while sitting on the throne late one night. She fell forward in slow motion as the TC started. I jumped out of bed, grabbed a big throw pillow and managed to get it in place before she did a face plant on the tile floor. That was a long time ago.

I would talk to your neuro ASAP about the black spot / vision. That could be indicative of many things and none of them are good (especially if not caught/treated!).

hey guess what it gets better i had a drop attack yesterday and fell down the stairs, didnt hit my head, slid down 9 steps on my shins. my right big toe = fractured and shin cuts and tailbone = bruised. oh the pain!

the rough time continues...

blackspot went again... but my eye has been completely glassy lately.

ANYWAY , so much complaining , i feel like a whinger.

At least when you whinge on the internet, no one hears you. :roflmao:

At least when you whinge on the internet, no one hears you. :roflmao:

BERNARD!
This is one time I want
to whack you!
:horse:

(((( hugs 1096 ))))

So sorry you had a bad dinger mate,
so did they put diaper on with sticks
and rap up your Neuro or you have
to rap him up?

Hope you get better soon!