Keppra and dizziness and nystagmus

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

rory

New
Reaction score
Hi.
I've been on Keppra 1500mg daily for 9 months now and im still having seizures and the diziness side effect hasnt gone away and lately my eyeballs feel like they are randomly being pulled off to the left every now and then, then it rights itself. has anyone else had this? im thinking of asking m neuro to change my meds because still have seizures and i cannot handle the constant diziness and unsteadiness, and the brain fog and the clumsiness and general blondeness( i am blonde but never used to be blonde by nature as they say, i now am)

So any ideas anyone. what wont have me feeling like i am spinning and messing with my eyes, i assume the effects are not going to go away after so long, and my doctor feels that my neuro will want to increase the keppra and i just want off it altogether, i would nearly wean myself off it at this stage, but i realise this would not be wise so i wont do that but i am at my wits end with it lately. and talk about moods swings lately, i am all over the place. help please

If it's not helping controlling your seizures, and it's making you miserable, time to give Keppra the heave-ho. Make an appointment with your neurologist today.

Wow, bless you! Of all the drugs I've taken over the last 27 years, Keppra has to be the one with the most diverse range of side effects. I've come on here to see if anyone is having the side effects that me and a friend, both on Keppra are having (NYMPHOMANIA) basically!!! Mood swings are probably the only thing I have in common there, but I am up and down all over the place, and was recently booted out of a temporary job for being a miserable cow! Me?? I am the life and soul of any party usually, but the last two days, since starting Pregabline with my Oxcarbazepine and Keppra, and then Clobazam for cluster seizures, I am like feeling so rampant!!!! I am really not one for reading the slips that come in the boxes of drugs, as I believe I'll end up imagining I have the side effects, it's just that mixing four different AED's around in my brain must be having a startling effect on the lust department!!!!! Shame I'm freaking single right now!!! What Nakamova says though is right, don't take it if it's not controlling your seizures, there are so many others to try out there. Lotsalove XX

keppra can give u vertigo! it has done to me! i get unsteady so often!
i think i know what u mean about the eye thing i get that the odd time aswell!

if you really cant stick it best to see about changing!
wish u best of luck xx

Hi. Was talking to my epilepsy nurse todAy. I should start weaning off keppra by Friday hopefully just waiting on her to talk to the neuro and get back to me. Im delighted. Can anyone who has come off it tell me what to expect. Will i feel crappy or anything. Any ideas on what to try next. I think they want to try me with lamictal but a close friend who is eptic is on it and wade msoon e swear never to Im on it cause its horrible. For now though just glad to have the ball rolling and hopefully i will be back to normal soon

you know- I get this eyeball-roaming feeling too... I haven't been on Kepp..levetiracetam now for over a year. I was on an initial dose along with my phenytoin until the levetiracetam blew my mind
I never know what to think about it - are my eyes tired? are my eye muscles gone? is it true what they said about crossing my eyes?
it doesn't really seem to be related to sleep, which is an obvious question - it's as though my right eye gets 'pushed' away somehow
wtf

i dont know what happened with my last post, i checked the typing before i posted, i dont know whether to blame my brain or my phone. who knows anymore.
petero yeah it feels like both my eyeballs are being dragged or pushed over to the left, its weird. i dont know if its me or the keppra i just know i want off it.
so i am starting trileptal tomorrow and decreasing my keppra and then coming off it. i cant wait, not looking forward to adjusting to a new med but it wont be the first time and i cannot wait to feel more like me and not some moody lunatic which is what i have been lately.
my epilepsy nurse was of the opinion that i should never have been put on keppra due to the fact that i suffer from a depressive illness that flares every now and then, maybe i shouldnt have been but i was and what can you do.
my psychiatrist was going to put me on a new med along with what i already take if my mood didnt settle soon so im hoping the loss of keppra will help. i take so much stuff i cant deal with adding a new class of drugs into the mix.......

Back
Top Bottom