Lamictal day 6

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Yes, definitely keep us posted. I hope it does the trick and brings you relief from your symptoms.

Feeling pretty good this morning . Actually have some energy which is quite rare for me. :)

Day 9 still doing well no seizures. feeling kinda hyper,got a lot done yesterday

Thank you Nakanova I've been on Lamictol for about 18 yrs. I think I have an inkling on the effects. I did need a co-med, a diet, and a new outlook. Finding all of them on my own and using them have helped me.

Hey Horsehead,

I also gave lamotrigine many months before i found it was making my seizures worse. It help prolong them from happening once a month to like once every 2 months which i thought was very good. I was on it for almost 1 yr, and last 2 seizure i had on lamotrigine, were way more intense than i was use to, to the point where i thought my neck would of broke if the seizure continued more. Since i only take one med at a time i knew it was the meds and had to move on to a different one.

Now I'm on Gabapentin, which has really helped me in controlling my seizures. But that is a long story.

We all are different, but still alike in so many ways. With all things, it may work for some and not for others, just have to give it a chance.

:piano: :pop:

Thank you zolt for your reply. Its day 12 now. I'm not sleeping very good but feel good otherwise. Still no seizure that i know of :)

Not doing very well today. couldn't sleep again very well saw every hour on the clock. feel like my eyes are glued open. shaky.some trouble concentrating.headache. still on 25 mg

So when are you scheduled to increase, tomorrow? Maybe something else is going on 25 mg is a very low dose to cause so many problems unless you are just extremely sensitive
to it.

I'm sorry, I read the entire thread as it has unfolded but I don't recall what kind of seizures you are having. If they are simple and complex partials you might be having them while sleeping and not even really be aware because they may not make you fell quit as bad as the other types of seizures.

I have all kinds from simple partials to tc seizures. I increase on thursday

How do you feel since the latest increase? Remember, you can always ask your neuro about going slower, and waiting to increase the dose until you feel a bit steadier.

Feeling tired couldn't sleep much again but otherwise I'm good. still no seizures that i know of. No real change from the increase yesterday

Hang in there, hopefully the sleep disruption will go away over time. For me it took about two months once I reached a stable dose.

Great to hear Horsehead. Ive been on Lamictal 100/100 per day now and seizure free for 3 months !!! Love it ....

Been doing great, other than not being able to sleep well, except this morning. Had a bad seizure i think. mouth hurts all muscles and very tired. husband left later.

Oh no, sorry to hear that. :( Make a note of it and let the neuro know.

Back
Top Bottom