Lamictal day 6

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Yes my wife still says after having 3 seizurs this year I have sort term memory loss. I can be watching a show and she says this is a repeat, but I say its new to me. Ive found it takes just over 3 weeks tso have the meds stabilize and do their thing. Just be patient and give the meds time to adjust to your system. After 3 weeks though I would be talking to the nerologist to do some more tests and maybe add something to the mix.

Last edited:
I started using Lamictal about 5 1/2 weeks ago along with my Keppra (both generic). The keppra was 3000 mg/day now 2000. Lamictal started at 25 mg now 75. Next week will be 100 mg then I go back to doctor in August. Did a blood test too after 3 weeks on Lamictal so doc will tell me results in August. As for side effects the first week I had headaches every day but then it stopped. I seem to have more energy but I'm not sure if it's from the new meds or the diet I'm on - or the nice weather... I do take the meds in the evening and have noticed that I pee more than before. Hmmm...not sure again if its from the meds. It is listed as a possible side effect. I am also allergic to dairy and lamictal contains lactose. I'll give it till August when I go back to my doctor. Hope it works out for you.

It contain lactose . I didn't know that . That explains the stomach problems I have been having. Also had a bit of confusion not remembering what I was doing and having trouble reading things. That only happened a couple of days. All and all though I am doing well.

I'm up to 100 mg of Lamictal now and still the 2000 of keppra. I hope after some tests in Aug & Sept I can talk to my neuro about reducing again and see what he says. I feel pretty good and I think its from the CogniMag I take. (Magnesium that breaks the blood brain barrier by Pure Encapsulations). I still feel tired some days after work and fall asleep on the bus but not every day. I try and walk a little every day and did some freelance work this weekend which I haven't done in a while. Everyday is an adventure. Be well.

So I'm on Lamictal now 100 mg for 1 week and a few weeks ago when I was t 50 mg I noticed my neck (right side) felt achy. I thought it may have something to do with a skin mole removal I had but it was getting worst on and off. I also noticed having trouble swallowing at times. I have arthritis in my neck and thought about a chiropractor then I looked up the side effects from lamictal and there the symptoms are listed. I really don't like reading the side effects before I use the meds but I do now....has anyone had this type of effect? I will stick with it unless my doc recommends stopping or it becomes unbearable.

Back
Top Bottom