Looking ahead to surgery, but fear is setting in.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

The anniversary stone for the 55th is an emerald. Maybe you should visit Ireland. :)

6gbu43.jpg
months and my head's still together. :)

I still get my headaches, but no seizures. :)

Hopefully everyone can find some relief from their seizures. :)

That's great. My surgery has finally been scheduled for March-13.
Your posts are giving me a lot of hope that I may return to a seizure free life.

Your posts are giving me a lot of hope that I may return to a seizure free life.
Good luck with your surgery truegrit. Hope it helps with your seizures :rock:

March 10th is my brain 8 year anniversary (8 years since my left temporal lobe surgery), I only went 2 years seizure free though befire the partials returned but much better then I was.

Hopefully your surgery is also successful. :)

I try to keep my triggers away, take my meds daily. So far all has been good.

Woah what a bumpy 57 month. I ended Feb with a messed up shoulder. No seizures last month, but it was a dozy.

I have to see my primary physician this week. I'll need to see an orthopedic hopefully in a couple days.

Other than that
347h7k1.jpg
months still seizure free. :)

Hope your shoulder is okay (says this veteran of two shoulder surgeries). :(

Sorry to hear BIGMAN. But, what a coincidence. I was just told by an orthopedic surgeon that I should have surgery on my shoulder. People who have had shoulder surgery are telling me I shouldn’t do it. I don’t know what to do.

Nakamova,

You say you had a couple of surgeries on your shoulder. My orthopedic surgeon said I should have shoulder surgery. What is your advice? I had an MRI on my shoulder. My doctor said I have subacromial impingement, partial thickness rotator cuff tear, SLAP tear, AC joint arthritis, and biceps tendinitis (likely partial tear). Family and friends say I shouldn’t do it.

For me the issue was that my shoulder kept dislocating, so I really had no choice. The first surgery was less-invasive but the results only lasted a few years. The second surgery was more complex, but also more successful in preventing additional dislocations. I do have some residual shoulder impingement though -- a little pain if I do a full rotation of my arm (as when swimming).

Everyone's situation is different, but it can't hurt to get a second opinion. Some shoulder problems can be improved with Physical Therapy, but it depends on how bad any of the tears are, and how active you are. Generally speaking, tears tend to get worse over time, so it may make sense to have surgery done before the damage worsens, and while you are younger (or have good health insurance!)

Make sure that you are completely comfortable with your surgeon and all the details of your surgery before making a choice either way. Ask about the worst-case scenario, length of recovery time, possible long-term shoulder issues, etc.

Well my appt with my primary physician was a mess. :(
We went over my x-ray results, which I knew weren't going to show anything.

I did manage to get the referral to an orthopedic. :) But the only available appt is a month from now. :( So I'm stuck leaning on family members to get things like shopping, laundry, errands, etc done.

I may need physical therapy, surgery, or whatever. But I don't want to get shots for the treatment. I have no problem with needles. I know many people who went the
cortisone shot method. Sure their pain went "away". But it just came back much worse, and they needed more shots. :(

When standing I can extend my arms out straight. But one shoulder is moves up higher than the other. When I move that arm I feel slight popping, and hear a cracking/grinding sound. It feels like someone is pressing down on my shoulder at rest or when I move it.
I have full use of my arm & hand but it feels weaker. If I'm carrying something heavier with my other hand, I feel pain in my hurt shoulder. But my neck is aching from all of this.

I've been sleeping on my left side or back since my RTLS. The right side of my skull is sensitive to touch, so I don't on my right side anymore. But since my shoulder problem I'm stuck sleeping on my back, which is making my neck hurt worse.

The orthopedic I'm going to see helped me with my broken ankle several years ago. So
I'm certain I'll be in good hands for this.

This whole thing is stressing me out. But I'm stuck like this for another month. :(

95pxq9.png
months and still going strong! :)

No seizures, just the headaches.

In a few days I will finally see a orthopedic doctor for my shoulder. Hopefully it is a simple fix. Something is clearly messed up with it.

Well I seen the orthopedic doctor. Goods news my shoulder is "fine". The real problem is my neck. :( It looks like I have arthritis in my neck caused by bone spurs. :( This is what is causing my shoulder & arm to hurt. My recommended options are cortisone shot(s) &/0r physical therapy.

I was given a shot to tide me over until I go to PT. The plan is for me to try PT 2-3x a week for a month. I then go back to the orthopedic doctor to reevaluate. Hopefully this helps, I
don't need another health issue to manage.

hopefully they get better, shoulders hurts a lot, i have considered quitting riding a few times recently cause of mine.

on a side note i have finally given in to a vns when i get off of blood thinners so maybe i will have good news in a few months.been stretching my shoulder, and cutting everything with unflavored whey powder. putting on weight slowly. no clue what to do about my lungs.

I tried kava kava buy in US NOT BAD STUFF looks like brown earth proberly taste like it exorbatent customs duty but it do help but be careful when driving.
caffine makes my head aches worse...SAYING THAT what I give for strong tea and a ciggie but given up every so often boy I love one

Back
Top Bottom