Looking for a man when you have epilepsy...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Cint,
I had a EEG tech tell me during a seizure free period that I'm to normal for it as well so I underatand the comments about how ias one supposed to look with E or seizure disorders?
and a lot of guys nowadays are pigs after MY TBI I was one and it took years of personal inwards discovery to figure out who I was and what I wanted before I got back to who I was (in partial ways before my TBI I'll never be who I was before the TBI but I'm who I am now and have to be the best I can be now) but I'm no longer that pig that I used to be, my wife can attest to that!
one day you'll find the one you are suppossed to be with and he'll be there for you good and bad! and he'll love you for you E and all car or no car every need just take your time and let it come to you on lifes terms.

mike

Sorry, I tend to ramble at times.... just a fore warning.

I can only guess that person was trying to be cute or drunk. If not, I agree with lossing the number for sure.

I'm lucky for the part that I can still drive since my grand mal's are only after sleeping several hours (though it took a while for the military to allow me to drive again).

Let me paint you a picture of myself for fun to see another person in a situation similar to yours. I'm divorced (ex-wife is dead too), getting medically seperated (hopefully retired) from the military (hooray for instable work soon), and a single father of 2 children. It's one of those nice twists in life that my seizures came back after possibly "out growing" them (only 15 years between the previous ones I had). I totally understand about trying to find somebody and it being difficult. Hell, the people I work with freaked out when some lights were flashing in the office, especially when I was in the middle of a joke and shaking my body. Needless to say that's not a trigger for mine.... and most knew that besides the one or 2 that walked in the shop at that time hahaha.

Just keep truck'n and be yourself imo. ;)

Last edited:
Hmmm....
I guess my "Hi! How are you?" conversation starter is pretty out-dated... :eek:

I met my husband on a on-line dating service! :lol: Through Yahoo Personals in 2001 when it was still free! LOL I tell ya, I never did think he would be the one. We exchanged some emails for about a month, had a few phone calls... and decided to meet up. I never did get to see a picture of him, but he did get to see my profile picture from yahoo personals. So he knew what to expect when he saw me. But when he described himself to me, I didnt at all get it right on the dot when I saw him in person! LOL. Little did I know we would be engaged a year after meeting, and get married two and a half years after meeting. We will be married for 9 year in December, and have three beautiful little boys. I know there is the right person out there for anyone. Doesnt matter what a person has in their life, I truely believe that person is out there. :)

i think of finding the right person is like panning for gold ... you seem to have to go through all the bad stuff to find the one great gem :)

when you meet that special gem you can just tell, even with how they react when you say you have seizure/epilepsy....also the way they make you feel etc

..... its just a bit of a bum when you find that gem and you fall for them but you cant have them or they are not ready for a relationship even though you know they love your socks off :/ ......

You will find the right person with the time is right. I met my wife in school. In fact we had only been really dating for a couple months before I passed out in front of her at the school library and had a gran mal seizure right in front of her. That was my first one ever. I would not have blamed her for not wanting to deal with the problems that seizures, epilepsy, etc.. can cause (in my case the following year severe anxiety/panic attacks. Bad enough where i could not even leave my house for a couple weeks) but she chose to stick around. Every seizure I have had since then has been in front of her. If a person actually cares for you they will not care about your epilepsy and will just like you for who you are. If not they are not worth your time. I am thankful everyday for my wife and how much she has helped me and what she has dealt with from me the past few years.

No ladies I just say " Im to sexy for my shirt so sexy it hurts and I'm to sexy for you to sexy it hurts you to. Blow a kiss and simply say 'by 'by'. It works.

Aw, I haven't been on here much at all lately, and I just noticed this old post of mine - as I type I am sitting in a hospital in Chapel Hill with my BOYFRIEND who drove me the 2 hours to get here and is staying with me the entire time (probably 5-6 days total). He is amazing and takes such good care of me before, during, and after seizures, even when I drool on him :) There are decent men out there, my David is proof! :-D

And I forgot to mention that he's a cab driver, which is how I met him, so that works out pretty well! LOL

Sorry to hear your in the hospital .
glad to hear about this new BOYFREIND !

Congrats on the new man! Sounds very promising, I hope he's a keeper.

Congrats on the new man! Sounds very promising, I hope he's a keeper.
He really seems to be. He makes me more happy than I have been in years :) Now, if I can just get him to eat his vegetables! Hehe...

And I forgot to mention that he's a cab driver, which is how I met him, so that works out pretty well! LOL

Graties on finding your gem! And bonus that he knew from the getgo that hed be driving. :p

As to your older post...you should've told the bar guy sure I'll blow you but you should know that with E we tend to bite things ("off") in our mouth during seizures! He'd have been running away and left your number behind!

:roflmao:

As to your older post...you should've told the bar guy sure I'll blow you but you should know that with E we tend to bite things ("off") in our mouth during seizures! He'd have been running away and left your number behind!:roflmao:

That's a good one Eli :roflmao:

Hi Mommymela,

That's great news about your new man :).

Gee Whiz, Men ( I should say boys or thugs or thuglets in this case or jersesy shore wanna-bes) are so stupid sometimes..... always thinking with things other then their brain like their run away hormones!

Tina

Back
Top Bottom