Lyrica

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

dfwtexas

New
Reaction score
I went to pain management doctor this week. My trauma orthopedic said since it has almost been 3 years since my accident, my pain is now deemed chronic and I need to go to someone to help me. I am very hopeful after seeing this new doctor. He spent over a hour with me, getting a handle on what I have been thru (treatment, rx, etc) and then took his time going over the meds throughly that he was putting me on. One of the meds he put me on is Lyrica. He said that as a seizure med it sucks, but that it is being promoted as fibromyalgia drug now and also is helpful with nerve pain. I am on Keppra for my seizures and he said it should not have any effect with my seizure treatment.
Just wondering what any of ya'lls experience with Lyrica has been, as far as any side effects, etc.

when I was on Lyrica, I couldn't take the side effects dizziness,double vision that I had to betaken of the drug.

Belinda

I'm on Lyrica now for chronic pain. The dose I was prescribed (75 mg to start with then 150) wasn't enough so I ended up taking more. It worked, the pain was dramatically reduced but the drug is quite expensive so I have to spend a lot on meds.

As for side effects, they aren't bad at all. At first I found it a little like being slightly drunk, but that went away and I don't notice anything anymore.

My pain doc has me taking 50mg 2xs per day, but said he would like to get it up to 3xs per day. I tried the 3xs on Sunday. At the same time he gave me this, he also added oxicodene, cymbalta, muscle relaxer to my hydrocodone. He feels I have been undermedicated for years. So not sure which drugs are giving me side effects...I do have some issue with drowniess. Which is another problem as yawning can trigger a seizure in me. I had a bad day yesterday and backed down on the Lyrica and today was better.
He said it should help with nerve pain and I do see a big improvement.

Back
Top Bottom