male or female

are you male or female? your screename is decieving...

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

It's actually good though, because I never "chatted" online before, but since I don't know anyone with epilepsy I gave this a shot. And usually the women give the best advice. Whether it be the motherly, or the hot girl with epilepsy advice

I agree-this place has had the best information and the nicest people of any place else I have found. I get more here than at a my doctors appts, The last time I went in-he told me that you normally only had one type of seizure. Hmm-really? well I haven't found that to be true at all. I have had many types. It's true that I get mostly complex partials, but now that I have educated myself, I realize that there are those others that have been going on that I did not realize that were also seizures. I think I have lost a lot of respect for doctors in the last 4 years, just trying to find one to help me find out what was wrong for so long, and having them write out drugs on whatever kind just to see what happens like I am some science project! grrrrrr!

yea i agree. and not to make an excuse for the doctor but they can only go by certaub descriptions. say you have one, per say but can't recall exactly what it was like they don't want to make a mistake and misdaignose you. it's part of their career. that's what they get paid for

First of all for over 3 years, I was trying to tell them (several drs) about these episodes I was I was having, and that I was tired like I had never been before, and had, bad night sweats. All I got was honey your depressed and hormonal! Even though my hormone levels came back normal, I was given estrogen-which didn't touch the night sweats, and the 8 anti depressants I tried did not do one think. The first night I took medicine for my seizures, I slept through the night for the first time in years. Within a couple of nights the night sweats were gone, I wanted to go out and do things again, and talk to people again. I felt like me again. Too bad that only lasted about a month, until the hives came along! I felt wonderful for a while. Its been a battle ever since.

Well although well don't always know the answers to everyone's qeustions', by speaking to everyone across the country/world you are getting knowledge from a vast array of doctors instead of just local ones, and that's another benefit

Yes-I am so thankful and appreciate everyone here that has been so helpful, quick to answer my questions, and even listen to me whine a bit. I've been at one of those feel sorry for my self places lately. One would think I am old enough to be over that, but maybe when people that you have love dearly have decided to walk out of your life, because they can no longer deal with your illness, and you feel hurt-you never get to old to be hurt. :-(

I am sorry to hear about that. Thank God I am young enough to still have people close to still stand bhind me

Female ... And I will take some of that bbq, just make it a sweet tea, no beer allowed here (per doc.)

Does it matter?

I suppose my user name identifies me as a guy, and it is so.

I know I'm new here, and I don't want to seem flippant or controversial, but I gotta say that I don't see us, in this context, as male or female. Maybe that'll change with time, but all I see right now is people; people with a problem in common. People come in all flavors.

I feel like mine is a give away but just to be sure, definatley female. I agree with Motor though its never been about guy or girl only about help. However if the guys are offering up I'll take my steak rare and a Guiness :whip2::roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom