Medic Alert Bracelets - Do you wear one?

Do you wear a medical alert bracelet with information about your epilepsy/meds?

• Yes

Votes: 173 44.6%
  • No

Votes: 184 47.4%
  • I've never thought about that!

Votes: 31 8.0%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi Ziggidypoo

Cost is a factor that cannot be denied. There were times when I could not renew my Medic-Alert, because of financial problems. We all go through those times. So, I should have worded it, if you can afford it. I am sorry if you felt you had to bring up your finances. I did not mean to do that.

my son has one for epilepsy and migraines and my little girl for her asthma. it is a must have i believe. i dont know about the US but in canada, they come real cute for kids now. every time the have been in a ambulance or ER, they have been checked for and noticed right away. we are not always in the position to speak for our kids so in the event of an emergency, it speaks for them!

Our very good friend trains lifeguards. He has assured me that he always stresses for them to look for a medical ID bracelet first thing after assessing the person.

He also uses the picture of me when I broke my nose after falling during a seizure (it's just lovely!) as a warning to make sure to take seizure medications. :roflmao:

good for you, wife and mother !! i think everyone who needs one, should have one

I Broke Mine And never replaced it (It was worn on my bad hand ) it kept slamming into doors (I'm very reckless with it )

You can wear a necklace!! I wear a bracelet. I have had no problems with it. Are you having seizures when you hit the doors?

I've been wearing one for a while now. I don't like wearing jewelry but I've gotten used to it. It would be handy if I had a tc in public. Mine is just plain silver, nothing too fancy. It's tough too, it would be hard to break. A really good investment.

Not really I'm just walking fast things like that I also make sure i'm sitting still when I do have a seizure

I wore it on my left hand

Hi garfieldlea

Mine is a simple hard bracelet. It has never broken in the last 5 years I bought it.

I do not have control over where I can sit previous to a seizure. How, do you do it?

I just started wearing one in the last couple of weeks - part of my quit being a baby plan...

I've gotten spoiled, with hubby off work and willing to sit outside my classes or whatever... but now he's going back to work ...and I'm going to do 3 weeks of summer school, too ... ACK!

Hi flitting

That is great!! It has helped the ER out a number of times. The neurologist's keep changing my medicines. I put the changes in my computer and print them out. When I go to the ER, they have my list of medicines, the dose and the times that I take them.

I have to keep calling Medic-Alert to let them know of the changes. I am glad I have Medic-Alert.

I do a lot of sitting and miss out on all the fun stuff (LOL!!!) but seriously I pick a chair I won't harm myself in if I do have a seizure things like that

garfieldlea68, I do that too...I look for chairs with arms whenever possible... less likely to fall out of them.

I have a comfy chair with large comfortable arms. It is like a Lazy Boy chair, but it does not have the name.

Hi flitting, stilldancing 98 and garfieldlea68 and everyone else here.

Back
Top Bottom