Memory and Cognitive Functionality and Issues

Memory loss / Issues and Cognitive Functionality

• Anti-epileptic drug(s) worsens the Memory / Cognitive issues

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • Anti-epileptic drug(s) does not change the Memory / Cognitive issues

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Surgery worsens the Memory / Cognitive issues

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • Surgery improved the Memory / Cognitive issues only after some therapy(ies) to a degree

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Surgery improved the Memory / Cognitive issues only after some therapy(ies) nearly completely

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • VNS improved the Memory / Cognitive issues

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • VNS with Anti-epileptic drug(s) improved the Memory / Cognitive issues

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • VNS worsen the Memory / Cognitive issues

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • VNS with Anti-epileptic drug(s) worsen the Memory / Cognitive issues

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • None of the above applies

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi Peridot21. I have temporal lobe seizures also. I didn't know for a long time I was having seizures but mainly had feelings of dizziness and headaches and deja vu which turned out to be seizures. I believe that a lot of partial seizures might go unnoticed. You might become more aware over time of your symptoms and what is actually a seizure. For example, I have random mood or sensory symptoms which seem to be partial seizures. I have become more aware of memory symptoms over time (perhaps they were creeping up for awhile and have just become more obvious). My neurologist says that it is difficult to tell whether memory problems are caused by the meds or the seizure symptoms, or both. For me I notice when my seizures become worse this worsens my memory and thinking skills. I was diagnosed a few years ago and feel as though I am still learning about this condition. I understand how difficult it is to adjust to this diagnosis. It's also very difficult for other people to understand and relate to. I would suggest asking your neurologist more questions about your diagnosis and also doing some research yourself. I hope you'll find some medications that help you.

Back
Top Bottom