Memory loss

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Nlbabylon5 Memory loss can be caused by your meds or because of your epilepsy. nakamova is right you should get it checked out. my memory loss wasnt too good at first when i first started taking keppra but it seems to have stopped quite a lot. I can relate to how frustrating it can be because no one understands do they?

My memory is awful, people will be telling me something to pass onto someone else, but 5 minutes later I'd have forgotten the message- I really don't know how I still have a job over it- it's actually really bad. I've forgotten how to spell words, I forgotten simple maths- I'm a Montessori teacher! Long & short term memory are awful, I don't know if it's the seizures or the meds.

It could be bit of both. How was your memory before all this started?my memory has never been good really but it went bad when i started keppra now iys not too bad. I do forgwt things still.

My memorail is bad. When i have my seizure, o never remember what brought them on and what happened hoirs before that. With my cocktail of meds being upped at this time, my memory is bad also. I have to writ down when i have doctor apptoints, in 3 calanders so i remember. In my cell phone, their is a place for me to remeber diffenert dates and what to do on those dates ( comes in Handy).

I'm the same way. I have to write everything Down. I think my meds, šŸ’Š (or seizures I've had) are to blame. We are lucky to have jobs, but remember u worked for it. šŸ‘€šŸ˜œ

My daughter lost a couple of memorable days

I am the parent of a 16 year old who was recently diagnosed. On 2 occasions after seizures, she lost all memory of the previous day. One was mothers day and the second was her first trip to Citi Field.

You are not alone.

I wish you well on your journey.

Tom

My memory always bothered me. This was way before I was on medication. I remembered snapping at a doctor because I would come in to visit him and constantly keep complaining about how I can't recall much. He just didn't shrugged and seemed act like it was normal to black out. So don't let it frustrate you, it can be very normal and it is aggravating. You feel like when your memory fuzzes out and life seems like a dream. You said you have this on Keppra, I totally know where you are coming from. The odd thing is my memory seemed great on keppra at first, then things went down hill quick. This is kind of a guess but I think the memory becomes more affected when we have our seizure thresholds go down. So if you notice a time where you have more auras or even a time where you had a pretty bad seizure memory seems to be affected more then usual.

I know how you all feel. As my memory loss is the same. One day its ok the next i cant remember th day before. I am on keppra also. Does amy of you suffer with ringing in your ears constantky while on keppra

Yeah, my ears ring a lot. I noticed it at night, I used to lay in bed and listen to the cars. Then I realized all I was hearing was ringing, almost like I left a rock concert or something.

I get ringing in my ears too! Which I find very weird as I have a hearing problem!

I have no hearing problems ir anything i noticed the ringing in my eard when i first started taking keppra i noticed other problems too. The only good thing about it is controlling my seizures.

I was on Keppra for years, it didn't control seizures, just gave me mood swings, ringing in my ears, & my memory is gone, I think I used to have really good memory when I was younger when I wasn't having seizures & on meds

My memory has nevwr been great but i could remeber tbings with keppra i can remebee vwry little. I get angry with keppra im in the lowest dose tbere is. Did you suffer hair loss with keppra?

I'm on topamax now for the last 6 years, I was seizure free for the last 5 years until last week I had a seizure out of the blue- it
has plunged me into a bit of depression

Aww no thats not good. Ya told ya neurologist? aww i really feel dor you. Theres nothing worse is there?

I'm trying to get myself back onto an even keel again, I'm trying eliminate stress from my life but people just keep heaping stuff on me & I know I can't cope with anymore & it's getting me down that suddenly I can't cope,

Back
Top Bottom