Memory loss

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I know how ya feel about people jus heapi g stuff on you. Its such a nightmare isnt it? did your grow back whilst you were on the keppra or did it just keep thinning out?

My hair thinned out alot while I was on Keppra so I cut my hair shorter- I had long hair to my waist now I have shoulder length hair. I am no longer on Keppra, I'm on topamax for the last 5 years but while my hair looks in better condition it never got back to it's normal self

No one believes me that my hair is thinning even my left eyebrow. Im on the lowest dose.250mg. I am quite angry since been on this keppra as well. Have you noticed any mood changes when you were on keppra?

I can't say my I noticed my hair on my eyebrows thinning, but I definitely noticed mood swings, mainly bad moods when I was on Keppra. U may have heard of the kepprage!! I was very angry & depressed on it and and anything could really upset me. I was very introvert so I was harming myself & getting my self all work up & getting myself all depressed over silly things. I'm glad I'm off the Keppra now

I could just be over reacting like. no ones said theyve noticed any hair loss or thinning but i dont know if there jus saying that to me to make me feel better etc. Aw yeah i have kepprage like its rubbish, hate the side affects like. no one believes me at all and that gets me down.

Why don't u say it to ur nuerologist, maybe they can give u something for it. They took me off Keppra- it didn't control my seizures & i was a nightmare to be around. I'm on topamax, things are much better now. There are still side affects but not near as bad, I was suicidal on Keppra- i was hoping my seizures would kill me

The neuroligist i had before was a wadte of time. He would not listen to me or anything. He hasnt even diagnosed me. Even though he says he has. Im seeing a different neuro next week. Omg tbat is bad for side affects. Did you suffer with cinstant ringing in your ears with keppra?

I didnt notice much side effects with Keppra when I was on it, it was only when I came off it that I notice how crazy I was on it. I don't know if I had a ringing in my ears as I have a hearing problem anyway. One thing I did notice with Keppra was my constant anger & depression. I'm on topamax now & I don't feel a thing, people get on to me for being so emotionless & for not caring about anything or anybody ( I can't win). & my memory is screwed so I don't know if I ever did care about anything but I hope I did

Sorry about your hearing problem. Ano how you feel you cant win with anyone can you? my memory is terrible. Can remember very little. I have always had a bad memory but not like this. I have noticed all sorts with keppa anger i can get emotional for no reason, the ringing in my ears mainly on a night when its quiet. Its like ya know when you habe been to a loud disco you come out and your ears are buzzing? thats what mine are like every night. It justgets ya down dont it? especially when no one will listen not even your neuroligist.

No, I didn't have that sort of ringing in my ears, it was more of a buzzing & it wasn't constant, I still have it now & again.
My memory being so bad these days makes me feel that people don't trust me sometimes. Like I might forget something so they don't even tell me in the first place, it's depressing. & being emotionless is not a good thing especially in my job- I'm a Montessori teacher although I know hand on heart that sometimes i don't care what happens to the kids

Thats exactly how i feel that no one trusts me incase i forget. I have it now and its 6.50am. Im sick of it. It is very depressing. Its understandable you feeling the way you do though. Think all seizure meds have side affects and effects people in different ways. Do you eva get the feeling why me? What kinda epilepsy do you have?

Meant have the ringing in my ears now. I am not sure but i think its getting worse as th days go on.

Yes everyday I think why me, I have 3 sisters & there is nothing wrong with them, they are happy, healthy beautiful girls & then there is me who needs looking after, it is depressing. I feel very withdrawn from people because I dont want people to feel they need to look after me, god I'm old enough to look after myself!

Yeah im the same. I have an older brother and hes fine. My seizures arent from birth they only startwd about a year n half ago n only happen in my sleep. The only way i knew i had one.was th next mornin when i woke up and theres blood everywhere n my heads pounding. Keppra is working but havin too many side affects like the gair loss my hair used to be soooo thick i can feel and see the difference but ppl are saying its not but i think there doin it because its what i wanna hear i dont believe them. Ya know yaself when something is wrong. I wanna try a new med but im scared cuza side affects n if i have any more seizures. Am i a wimp?

I was trying to explain the short term memory loss that accompanies seizures for someone. I couldn't really put it into words for them effectively. Then last night I ended up with the perfect example.

I was out eating with friends. I stepped out for some air after I started to feel funny. Then I stepped back into the restaurant, and started back into my plate. Several Emt's walked up to my table carrying turnout bags and asked if I was ok. I kinda looked up at them, and then look over to the people I was eating with, and asked "how long was I gone for?" Looking out the window I had to have been out for at least 5-6 minutes because there was a firetruck and an ambulance on the street. I didn't remember passing out, but touching my cheek it was a little sore from hitting the ground.

I only recalled going outside and coming back in. So having to explain the situation to the Emt's and convince them that I was in my right mind, was a bit of a challenge. I showed them my medic-alert bracelet, which essentially says, "If I am not dead or bleeding I don't need a ambulance," and ad-libbed it from there

Yeah it's the side effects that killing me the most now, especially my lack of memory

yeah my memory is terrible, mines like when ya go for a night out and get really drunk then ya wake up next mornin n cant remember what happened night before? thats mine are like, i wanna try some new meds as i have heard few bad things about keppra but my docs or neuroligist wont listen n they havent actually said it but am sure they think am paranoid. Theres more side affects than anything else, there making me feel quite low as well.

Back
Top Bottom