Missed dosage / Forgot - Left at home or Forgot refill?

Missed dosage / Forgot - Left at home or Forgot refill?

• Yes

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Had not .... yet!

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

This was almost a recipe for disaster. I had just finished switching from carbamazepine to Lamotrigine and took an overnight trip with my family to go see a concert. My youngest son had just entered an in-house treatment program at the local children's hospital to help treat him for ADHD/oppositional defiance disorder/tourettes. We took him out to go to the concert and almost took him back. Screaming and yelling in the car over issues with his video games. I almost got lost on the way to the concert. The concert for the most part was good.

When we got back to the hotel I asked my wife where my lamotrigine was and she said to me "am I supposed to pack your medication also?" In the stress of it all I left my medication 3 and 1/2 hours away. This was a new medication that I had no experience with missed doses and in an area away from home.

The medical helpline did know how to answer and told me to go to the emergency room. Off I went to the emergency room at midnight as I really didn't want to have a seizure. I am in an area where they speak french and I have a french name but really don't speak much french. They started speaking to me in french related to medical issues/background. Being an ER doctor they didn't have an answer but they were able to get me enough meds to get me home.

My pharmacist told me afterwards that the lamotrigine last in your system long enough that I would have been good until I got home the next day. Still kind of scary when you don't know. Last thing that I wanted was to have a seizure due to forgotten medication!

I just added a reminder to my medic alert app as I have taken my meds before supper and had actually no recollection afterwards if I took my lamotrigine. My memory is very sporatic with regard to when it works and when it doesn't!

When I miss a dose, I feel so terrible. I get light headed, very foggy, and usually a headache. And if I don't remember whether I took it or not, I don't know what to do. It's not fun!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes, I have forgotten whether I have taken my meds and not taken enough on a trip fortunately I am more careful these days

Back
Top Bottom