Missed dosage / Forgot - Left at home or Forgot refill?

Missed dosage / Forgot - Left at home or Forgot refill?

• Yes

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Had not .... yet!

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I definatley have done that before many times. Since I cannot see well I sometimes just never see things and don't realize it there or perhaps gone in some cases such as meds. I have a pill organizer for one week at a time but if the pill gets stuck then I may never really know that since I take 3 keppra and 2 Tegretol XRs. So now I double check and also carry a metal keychain pill container thing for my seizure meds and a little one for my heart meds if I ever need those while walking or out. I prepare better now since traveling around Austin takes the majority of the day on public transit.
Since I take Tegretol XR that lasts longer in your system than Keppra does- so usually I don't have any breakthrough seizures if I miss a dose. But I have to take it earlier at night if I miss the morning one to keep my seizures away..

Take care everyone, be safe
Crystal

It's not a mundane question :ponder:

I'm not really used to taking meds, as i only started taking Lamatrigene in march, and never needed to take any before!

After a couple of months of forgetting to take them, forgetting whether or not i have taken them, my rather nice mum bought me two pill containers - one for the morning and one for the night.

I've also had to set my alarm for 10am and 10pm. Hopefully they might work better if i take them at regular times!

Hi Hosea,

This is not a mundane question. I have forgotten to take my pill box with me. I do not take my pill bottles with me. What if I lose a bottle of pills? Here, they only refill once every 30 days. They do not believe it when you tell them you lost your pill bottle. They think you are taking to many pills.

My husband very kindly remindes me if I have my magnet for vns, my sunglasses, and my medication on me because I have forgotten so many times.

I too have learned it's asier to keep my medication in my purse that way wherever I am it's with me. However, I have sometimes forgotten if I have taken my daily dose. I am THAT FORGET:pfft:FUL!

Have you ever missed a dose of Med, say your last set?

How many of you have missed a last dose of meds, and was wondering should you take it anyway. I mean in my situation, I have tottake 3 sets a day 5 hours apart. NOW what do I do when I miss that last dose of medicine AND it is now past midnight, should I tAKE IT?

tHANKS Tino

:ponder:

Hi Gaphotoman, I am glad to meet you. You are very welcome here.

I take 3 sets a day, too. I take my pills so that I do not have seizures. I spread them a little more far apart when that happens. Yes, if it is past midnight, take it or else you might have seizures.

Thank you, feast for welcoming me and I just came from my doctors office, and he said the same thing, it does not matter if it is past 12 midnight, just make sure I take my meds, this is so cool, I mean you answered my question, as he had told me earlier.

Thank you, also got a call from another doctors office and the blood work they took came back GREAT, so I am so HAPPY today.
I hope we can become friends,

Thank You,

Tino Patti (Gaphotoman)

I have missed a couple times

I have forgotten my pills about 4 times.

My neuro loaded me up with extra pills (samples) which i keep in my desk, in my brief case and my suit case. That way if I forget, I have them easily accessible.

I have pill samples, as well. I have never used them, yet. Usually using my pill box and my husband reminding me works. There is always that execption.

My wife has gone both ways.

A couple times she forgot to take a dose, usually in the AM. That's not good because she takes her Lexapro then too and it's pretty important to take that at the same time daily.

Another time she took the full 1000mg's of Depakote in the AM because she forgot she already took it. Needless to say that was a strange day. Because it was when she first went up to twice a day, it amplified the side effects and earned her meds the nickname "tricky pills" because of her antics that day.

I still have to remind her all the time. It's not hard to do because I take Zoloft every day at noon and I get home from work each day at midnight. I just remind her to take her meds @ noon when I take mine and then @ midnight when I get in from work. She has a daily pill container (days and am/pm) as well as a small one she carries in her purse.

It is my Keppra that I forget to take sometimes. I use a daily pill box for all three times I take my medicine. I put them in after I have taken my medicine at the end of my pill box. That way I have them ready for the next day.

:e:

Hi All!

Yes, I have many times. Luckily less now then previously. Having said that I've totally forgot to taken my evening dose for Sunday almost two weeks ago now. Have a few times forgotten and taken the pills late - when I'd remembered. Improvements to rememberng to take my medication is using a weekly pill reminder, having the times I take the pills on my mobile calender and alarm clock and using a small notebook which I note down the times I take the medication and a spreadsheet which I also put down the times I put and in that spreadsheet I rate myself for the day on how well I've done in taking the medication on time.

My medication reminder is detachable - that means I'm able to detach any of the appropriate pill box for any given day. By having this I detach the days dose box on that appropriate day just before I take my morning dosage and then take my monring dosage. And re-attach it to the end of the pill reminder after I've taken my evening dosage (if I remmber to do so) or re-attach it before I go to bed (If i'd forgotten to attach it earlier.). By doing the next days' pill reminder is at the front of the pill reminder. My pill reminder is long and thin. I also take my appropriate days pill reminder box with me when I got if its during the day. Don't take it out with me if I have taking both of my dosages - don't need to then cause of having taking both of my daily dosages. Take my epilepsy medication twice a day.

Each of the ratings is worth so many points. The ratings are Excellent, Very Good, Good, Okay and Poor. The points for each repsectively are 4, 3, 2, 1 and 0. Excellent (4 points) is when I took both my morning dose and evening dose exactly on time, the Very Good (3 points) is when I have taken the one of the dosages on time and the other one within a hour of the time I should of taking them (but not on time), Good (2 points) is for when both doesages are within 1 hour of taken the medication on time (but not on time), Okay (1 point) is either when I taken one pill on time or within an hour and the other one over an hour late or not at all. Poor (0 points) when both dosages are over an hour late or not taken either one or both dosages at all. I know it sounds complicated the spreadsheet and its rating system but it - its much easier then it sounds and for the most part it works brilliantly for me.

Each month I aim to get 20 or more Excellents, and a combination of either Very Good or Good for the rest of the number days in a calender month - ie for 31 day month - 11 days, for 30 day month 10 days and for February 8 days. And never any Okays or Poors. Unfortunately it has happened for few months now. Hoping it will happen this month - and that I continue to do so. Have been doing very well this month so far - and really am hoping it continues!!! We shall see!!!

Am very sorry that this post is very long - hoping you all accept my apologies for writing such a long post. Hoping you can understand my ratng and point system - I know it sounds very complicated but actually is much easier then it sounds! lol

Miss Choccy

Susan

:e:

Last edited:
Oh yes, I do tend to forget to take a dose sometimes... Or I get confused whether I already took it or not. But I am about to get one of those pill boxes very soon so hopefully that will fix the problem :).

do any of you think missing a single dosage or taking it late has triggerred a seizure or auras?Wouldnt something still be in your system and would it trigger it right away?

I miss one dose and I get siezurey. My body is very sensitive to changes in blood levels.

I've forgotten to take them before and it didn't do anything to me. I'm sure that If I forgot for a week or so I'd be in trouble.

I do have a few alarms, 3 for in the morning (I like to snooze!) and 1 for night time. If I'm going on a trip I always bring my bottle with me and If I feel like I might be out past a dose, I'll bring it along.

I've forgotten to refill my script a few times, I make sure I don't do it now. It doesn't take long for the seizures to come back I was off medication because I forgot to refill for 3 days and I had 4 partial seizures in one night and once after being off for about the same time I had another tonic-clonic and nearly threw myself down a flight of stairs.
I have been trying my best to make sure I've got it all sorted now, I can't afford to not have my Epilepsy under control..

I have to refill some of my meds today. I am almost out of one. The others can wait until the first. I would rather get them all filled at once.

If I am leaving the county, I take all of my bottles of meds with me. That came in handy when I had a bad seizure last Oct in another county. I also always wear my Medic Alert bracelet for added insurance.

Back
Top Bottom