moving from generic to brand name

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

generic

New
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any problems with moving from generic zonisamide to Zonigran? I've been having breakthrough seizures and I think they're due to the variation of dosages by varying manufactures...any ideas? Thanks guys....

usually it's

going from brand name to generic that causes problems because the fillers that are in the generics are different than what is in the brand name meds......

Generics and seizures every 90 days...

Guys, I'm taking zonasamide and I'm having breakthrough seizures every 90 days almost to the day. Has this happened to anyone else??? Thanks

I'm not taking zonasamide, but Ive noticed I still have sps every month on the eptiol which is generic tegretol. I actually have many seizures I havent been counting them... I personally dont think some of us have a choice because of the cost of meds we have to try and just deal with the generic meds. & keep your neuro Or doctor up to date with whats going on.

Back
Top Bottom