My Doctor was't surprised when I told him

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
When I went to my doctor last Friday, I told him about my brain injuries and the brain atrophy and also the aura's and he was rather surprised at how many brain trauma's I've had and said that was most likely the cause of my brain atrophy. I said I read that a complication of atrophy can be seizures and told him about the aura's and he just nodded not surprised at all. I told him that it was like when your ears suddenly plug up and things sounded far away, then goes back to normal. He said that they are a warning sign & that my memory loss is part of the process of brain atrophy.

I guess I've always been afraid of telling anyone about the aura's and the memory loss cause I was afraid of what it was and even though I do know, I'm still afraid of waking one day not knowing the most simple things because my memory has gotten worse.

Doctor said that the injuries probably contributed to the brain bleed and the seizure and is what probably caused the atrophy and I'm guessing this vibrating foot is part of it too. He's got in my chart now as having suffered mulitple brain injuries so now that will be a part of what doctors look at whenever they look into my health records and it feels so different now.

Did he suggest any changes to your treatment to help cope with the increasing symptoms?

For the brain atrophy no, I'll have to see the Neurologist about that. For the vibrating foot, my primary doctor had blood drawn to test my Thyroid, Blood Sugar and Vitamin B. Any one of those can cause a vibrating foot & I read that vibrating sensations can be caused by Thryoid problems as well as kidney problems and my thryoid levels are up and down and I've had three kidney failures. If it's my thyroid, they can treat that and maybe the vibrations can go away.

I read that thyroid problems can also cause what is called peripheral neuropathy which can result in tingling or numbness in feet, will have to see my Neurologist probably

Back
Top Bottom