My mom video taped me

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
My mom video taped me during my last seizure. It was pretty interesting to see what I was doing during it.

She asked me if I knew who she was, where I was and other simple questions but I didn't know the answers. We have a pillow case at the foot of the couch for our cat to lay on (don't ask) and I was trying to put it on over my feet. Mom asked me what I was doing and I kept telling her 'Nothing' That was the answer to most of the questions she was asking me too.

She asked me several times if I had to pee and I told her no. I'll go during them at times and after the seizure I had when I went into the office and peed on my dad's leather office chair it's one of the first questions I'm asked.

I'll ask what I did during my seizures and what it was like but being told actually and seeing it are two completely different things.

I'll ask what I did during my seizures and what it was like but being told actually and seeing it are two completely different things.

That is a real eye opener. Hopefully it can help find something to treat your seizures.

It was a great having a CPS on video for me during my vEEG. I'm just hoping the hospital will use it as a teaching tool. They can see how I was alert and talking with my family before my seizure(s). I paused for a minute or so, then started to rock in my chair. I was unresponsive in the video, then after a five minutes it passed.

Hi Val,

Just like Bigman I have hrs. of videos of me having seizures when I was in the hospital and the Dr. cut my seizure meds
back on purpose. They did this during a veeg to pinpoint where my seizures were coming from before I had the main brain
surgery. I found it so weird how I would get up and wander around during a complex partial seizure. Then when I would try
to talk sometimes I couldn't. I find it interesting how different each seizure was.
I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

She wished she would have gotten more but she was having a hard time trying to keep me from walking around the house and videoing at the same time.

I think I'd be terrified lol. I never want to see what I look like having a seizure on video camera, ever. If someone had to in order to show a doctor or something, they better show the doctor and not to me >_<

I think it would be great if somebody would tape at least one complex partial. I don't get auras before my complex partials, so I might not know that I've had one. I usually rely on a witness, or I realize i did something to myself/my surroundings.

I read about one person who was so shocked to see what she looked like while seizing, that she didn't have another for a long time after that. Her seizures weren't psychological in nature, it was just something about the shock that put her brain on good behavior...

I was recorded in the hospital during a sleep study. I’m sitting up in bed eating. I started opening a tiny butter container and I was getting frustrated by it and my hands were shaking. My brother happened to be visiting. You can here him say “need some help with that?” Then I just went limp. All sorts of bells went off and nurses came running in. It was tough to watch, but I’m glad I got to see it.

I saw a video of me, and I was surprised to find out I shake on my right side. I can see what is happening when I have them, so you think I'd notice, but I had no clue.

Back
Top Bottom