New and confused.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

NReed

New
Reaction score
I'm new to this epilepsy stuff, and my doctors can't even agree if that's what I even have. I was wondering first of all, does anyone else vomit after a simple partial seizure, and do any other men have them happen once a month?

Hi NReed,

Have they ran tests to see if your having seizures?...I've never vomited but it can occur with partial seizures and to how often how seizures occur is all down to each individual and the brain...wheather it be man or woman.

This info on vomiting may help you more on understanding the symptom :)

Autonomic symptoms and signs rarely occur as isolated phenomena without impaired consciousness. Ictal nausea with vomiting is a rare clinical manifestation of seizures. Ictal vomiting is considered a localizing sign in patients with partial seizures of temporal origin. We encountered two patients with simple partial seizures that produced nausea with vomiting as the sole symptom, and we describe the interictal electroencephalographic and magnetoencephalographic findings. The episodes were paroxysmal and stereotypical in nature, and patients showed symptomatic response to a trial of antiepilepsy medication. In both patients, the diagnosis was simple partial seizures with autonomic symptomatology. Although interictal electroencephalography did not reveal focal spikes and focal slowing, estimated magnetoencephalographic dipoles were clustered in the parietal lobe. Interictal magnetoencephalographic foci may serve only as subsidiary evidence for the parietal origin of the episodes. However, our findings provide evidence of additional involvement of the parietal lobe in ictal vomiting.

Thanks

Thanks for the response and article. I have been tested, but I wasn't having seizures during the tests so they were inconclusive. I have these episodes once a month, almost to the day. I don't always vomit afterwards, but I do often enough that I wondered if anyone else had this happen.
I'm kind of stuck right now. One doctor told me I am having simple partial seizures, and another doctor said that it wasn't seizures because I vomit afterwards. I don't know what to do.o

another doctor said that it wasn't seizures because I vomit afterwards.

BS. Ask them if they got their med qualification from Dr. Nick's Online Cheapo All-In-One-For-$9.99 Neurology-Through-To-Chiropody School..

You may well have to get a third opinion, seeing as your case seems to have other factors.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response and article. I have been tested, but I wasn't having seizures during the tests so they were inconclusive. I have these episodes once a month, almost to the day. I don't always vomit afterwards, but I do often enough that I wondered if anyone else had this happen.
I'm kind of stuck right now. One doctor told me I am having simple partial seizures, and another doctor said that it wasn't seizures because I vomit afterwards. I don't know what to do.o

This really annoys me when you have one doctor thinking one issue and another saying otherwise.

I have to agree with SlimBlue on this issue i'd ask for another opinion, as it's quicky done concerning wrong diagnosis and that happens such a lot now a days.

Back
Top Bottom