new here

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

teresa

New
Reaction score
:e::hello: hello everyone! i'm new here, i came across this forum on google at 6am. see, i suffer from insomnia as well as juvenile myoclonic epilepsy. i was diagnosed about 3years ago and although i've come to terms with the fact that i have epilepsy it's still very hard for me to deal with it sometimes. i look forward to meeting other people that can relate to what i'm going through and sharing more of my story/hearing other peoples. :e:​

Hello Teresa,
welcome to cwe and I'm glad you've come to terms you have E a lot of ppl haven't.
I look forward to sharing my experiences with my epilepsy with you.

Hi Teresa!

I'm new here myself, but not sure how to post a new thread.
Is there a secret to this

Love to you all :)

Tory

Last edited:
Greetings Teresa,
Welcome to the CWE. You mentioned, "it's still very hard for me to deal with it sometimes" and I must say I certainly do understand what you have to say. I do hope you find what will go well with you here, good and strong.

Hi Teresa!

I'm new here myself, but not sure how to post a new thread.
Is there a secret to this

Love to you all :)

Tory

Select "Epilepsy Forum" on the main bar at the top of the page. You can select sub-sections from that screen. You'll want to select "Foyer" and introduce yourself there. ;)

:e::hello: hello everyone! i'm new here, i came across this forum on google at 6am. see, i suffer from insomnia as well as juvenile myoclonic epilepsy. i was diagnosed about 3years ago and although i've come to terms with the fact that i have epilepsy it's still very hard for me to deal with it sometimes. i look forward to meeting other people that can relate to what i'm going through and sharing more of my story/hearing other peoples. :e:​

Welcome Teresa. I hope you enjoy it here . I have learned a lot in my short time here.

Thanks, HorseFetherz, Theresa and MAB!

MAB: I am no "expert"...just s/one who got Epilepsy at 18 and have lived with it for 30+ years. Mine has been controlled by 2 medications for 30 years (thankfully). There *are* side effects: the biggest I know of for me, is bad memory.

My memory problems have become pretty famous, due to my on-line activity, and me never remembering people who call me. I'm on YT (ToryMagoo44) Facebook: Tory Christman, Twitter: Magoo44, and other areas, too. As you can see, despite all...I get around. People are generally very kind as long as you let them know what's up. Don't be embarrassed about having Epilepsy. EVERY ONE (and I do mean E V E R Y ) has something 'wrong'. It's not what's wrong with you that you are judged by....it's how you handle others and their reactions...so keep that in mind. :) Good luck to you, and all here :) Thanks for your kind comments! Happy Thursday :banana:

Tory/Magoo
Check out ToryMagoo44 on YouTube

Thanks, HorseFetherz, Theresa and MAB!

MAB: I am no "expert"...just s/one who got Epilepsy at 18 and have lived with it for 30+ years. Mine has been controlled by 2 medications for 30 years (thankfully). There *are* side effects: the biggest I know of for me, is bad memory.

My memory problems have become pretty famous, due to my on-line activity, and me never remembering people who call me. I'm on YT (ToryMagoo44) Facebook: Tory Christman, Twitter: Magoo44, and other areas, too. As you can see, despite all...I get around. People are generally very kind as long as you let them know what's up. Don't be embarrassed about having Epilepsy. EVERY ONE (and I do mean E V E R Y ) has something 'wrong'. It's not what's wrong with you that you are judged by....it's how you handle others and their reactions...so keep that in mind. :) Good luck to you, and all here :) Thanks for your kind comments! Happy Thursday :banana:

Tory/Magoo
Check out ToryMagoo44 on YouTube

I've never been embarrassed about my seizures. My memory is kind of bad too and my spelling and typing are even worse. I don't know if it is caused by a stroke I had or the seizures or the meds, maybe a combination of all those things but the typing has gotten much worse since being DX'ed in Oct. and going on meds.

My biggest problem right now is this:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/04/09/heartbleed_vuln_analysis/
According to my son, a hacker in a previous life, this is serious. I spent most of the day changing passwords and am afraid I won't remember them.

I've never been embarrassed about my seizures. My memory is kind of bad too and my spelling and typing are even worse. I don't know if it is caused by a stroke I had or the seizures or the meds, maybe a combination of all those things but the typing has gotten much worse since being DX'ed in Oct. and going on meds.

My biggest problem right now is this:
(by Tory: the URL you posted. It says here I have not been around long enough to even re-post your link)..

MAB: According to my son, a hacker in a previous life, this is serious. I spent most of the day changing passwords and am afraid I won't remember them.

Get an address book, and write them down.
Hey....if you're SUPER concerned, also lock the room your computer is in. If it's in a public area, move it to a more secure area. <<< tips that helped me.

Best to you :)

Tory

I definitely understand about the bad memory. I used to have a pretty good memory but after I got diagnosed my memory became crap & it's just been getting worse over time, especially my short-term memory. I'm not sure if it's the seizures or the medication I'm currently on or both.

Back again

:ponder:I'm "new" (back after a few years) and had a sz at work two days ago, taken out on a gurney, am mortified. I don't know what it will be like to go back. This is the first time I had several hours of "not right" - blanking out, couldn't remember what I was doing, having some friends notice my unusual behavior. I have a blood test and MRI this afternoon and an EEG next Wednesday. I haven't had the latter two since 2002. I still feel funny, working from home, unsure of myself. I thought I was finally free of this (drugs seemed to be working), but they'll either need to up my dosage or I've got some issues to deal with.

:ponder:I'm "new" (back after a few years) and had a sz at work two days ago, taken out on a gurney, am mortified. I don't know what it will be like to go back. This is the first time I had several hours of "not right" - blanking out, couldn't remember what I was doing, having some friends notice my unusual behavior. I have a blood test and MRI this afternoon and an EEG next Wednesday. I haven't had the latter two since 2002. I still feel funny, working from home, unsure of myself. I thought I was finally free of this (drugs seemed to be working), but they'll either need to up my dosage or I've got some issues to deal with.

I'm sorry BlueCat, that after being seizure free for so long you have a seizure. I hope you are feeling back to normal soon.

MAB the heartbleed vuln only affects OpenSSL library 1.0.1. below release .g. Although that still accounts for a *lot* of devices/clients/servers, there are many more still using earlier versions of the library that aren't affected.

Most Linux distros have already been patched, but if you're worried about changing passwords for big sites- there's no point changing them until you know they've been patched, as they'll still be potentially accessible. However, unless you've logged in to any of them recently, you should be pretty safe.

What you really need to worry about is making sure things like your modem/router/switches aren't using that library or are patched. For now, that's the biggest threat. It's very good you're changing passwords though- as most of the vulnerable big websites have been patched now, they'll have revoked their previous keys, so it's good you're doing that. But as I said, the worl'd suddenly going to realise that the main problem is client side, not those few web sites :S

I know what you mean about remembering passwords- how about a text file for your identities in an encrypted .zip/rar archive, with the pw for that written down safe nd sound?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom