Painting with cats

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

OK. "The Wizard of Oz" reference. How bout the horses of a different color. The dye job must have taken forever. Or a cinamatic trick even back then? Back to cats. I would like to see them paint with their whiskers. But then I'd have to have paint remover on hand. And that would be toxic. I think I'd let them paint with their tales with water based paint!

And to keep things even lighter, I present a Catoon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obj...e" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Then Charlie's adorable! I got a real kick from this cartoon. When I'm at my computer writing (with legs crossed) my Sage will stretch herself out on my right thigh. Purrrrring to her heart's content. Marmie is my fat cat. Too large for that. (I need to put him on a diet.) He lives in his own cat world, much less fussy than Sage. Their personalities couldn't be more different.

One of my kitters is a night-time meower. He will wake us up anywhere between 3 and 5 in the morning with the most... enthusiastic yowls. Well, normally, he wakes partner up, and then partner gets mad and yells and throws things, which wakes me up. The midnight meows having been going on for months, and will happen on most nights. I have not felt well-rested for a long time.

Anyhoo, I decided, while I was at the all natural pet store looking for ear mite remedies, to see if they had anything to help with that. they recommended an all natural rescue remedy (not actually Rescue Remedy, but something like it). So, I gave the recommended dosage.

Maybe 20 minutes later, partner starts laughing. I ask what's going on and he just points at yowler cat -- his pupils were so dilated, he looked like an owl on a midnight hunt :lol:

We got the most blessed sleep ever. I am making sure I always have this in the house.

My cat could have stared in that cartoon! I think someone came in and saw how he acted and made the cartoon out of it, that's great.

One of my cats likes to go down stairs to the laundry room in the middle of the night and bring up all the dirty underware. We have to keep the klenex box covered because the other one likes to pull them all out of the box in the middle of the night. We wake up and there are underware and klenex all over the living room floor.

Mine aren't stupid either. I got one of those lazer light pointers and started playing with them with it. After about 5 minutes they realized they couldn't get it, so that was the end of that.

I've stopped buying them toys too. I've got all these cat toys all over the place that they want nothing to do with. A bottle lid, clothes pin, piece of paper or a cardboard box are much better for them. They will spend hours playing with these things!

I just watched the video with partner, and did we ever laugh! The cat's a like a mixture of our two cats :lol:

My two cats are sedated with the rescue remedy this evening. One of them was scratching his ears badly, so I began treating him for ear mites last night using mineral oil. Today, the treated ear was scabbing nicely which means the mineral oil treatment helped, but I noticed scratches around his other ear too, so I treated both sides with mineral oil mixed with an essential oil (a mixture of neem, citronella, cedarwood, catnip and a few others) that I got from the alternative pet store.

As I was treating him, I looked up and the other one was scratching his ear *sigh* So both got the ear drops, and I mixed the oil into their leave-in shampoo and gave them both a bath. They are so pleased with me right now.

I realized afterwards that the smell of cintronella is probably driving them nuts, since cats are not fans of citrus smells. Oh well, they'll hopefully get over it. In the meantime, we're enjoying the smell :lol: Although, I'm not *entirely* pleased with partner since he asked, "Aw, are you going to do that tonight?" Yes tonight! Kitter is gouging his ear out, and you want me to wait?! And btw you're helping so we can both be evil overlords kthnxbai.

I have a full day tomorrow doing laundry and cleaning to make sure all the surfaces are bug-free. Poo. I am not a happy kitter mommy right now. Stop making me be all clean n stuff!

Last edited:
Socks.

Socks all over the floor

Socks in my bed

Socks hanging from the cat tree

Socks in the bath tub

Socks in the sink

Socks under the kitchen table

I think you get the idea.

They are usually not mine but either my son's or my nephew and they are clean. Well, when she steals them they are. The mama cat, Lisa, is a sock thief. I thought it so funny and cute.

She wonders around the house about 10-11 at night with a sock in her mouth making this cute little meowing noise. Then she got bold and showed me what she was doing with the socks. I can honestly say I have NEVER seen another animal do this and was freaked out when I saw her.

Lisa was spayed last year and her mate Flour was neutered. NO more kitties! She lost interest in "catting around" or so I thought, until she hopped on my bed with a sock in her mouth. She held the opening in her teeth dragging the rest of the sock between her legs. That cat sat on the sock and proceeded to, how do I say this in a family forum, ....um....er.....do her own laundry*!

It was unreal! I grabbed my phone and took a video. I have not downloaded it yet. Now when I see a stray sock, I wonder if Lisa had been the culprit. Then about 2 weeks ago, I noticed Sweetie dragging a sock in HER mouth. This cat was fixed before her first heat, and now she was imitating her mother!

Animals do the funniest things and I better not hear ONE person say they are just imitating their owners,

1. I'm too old for that nonsense
  2. Not my socks!

sock.png
sock.png
sock.png
sock.png
sock.png

*(self pleasured)

My cat could have stared in that cartoon! I think someone came in and saw how he acted and made the cartoon out of it, that's great.

One of my cats likes to go down stairs to the laundry room in the middle of the night and bring up all the dirty underwear. We have to keep the kleenex box covered because the other one likes to pull them all out of the box in the middle of the night. We wake up and there are underwear and kleenex all over the living room floor.

Mine aren't stupid either. I got one of those laser light pointers and started playing with them with it. After about 5 minutes they realized they couldn't get it, so that was the end of that.

I've stopped buying them toys too. I've got all these cat toys all over the place that they want nothing to do with. A bottle lid, clothes pin, piece of paper or a cardboard box are much better for them. They will spend hours playing with these things!

My cats love the safety rings from supplement bottles, the rubber index thingys (whatever they're called) Batting each other, and a nightly contest as to who can snuggle closest to me at night.

Last edited:
My two cats are sedated with the rescue remedy this evening. One of them was scratching his ears badly, so I began treating him for ear mites last night using mineral oil. Today, the treated ear was scabbing nicely which means the mineral oil treatment helped, but I noticed scratches around his other ear too, so I treated both sides with mineral oil mixed with an essential oil (a mixture of neem, citronella, cedarwood, catnip and a few others) that I got from the alternative pet store.

As I was treating him, I looked up and the other one was scratching his ear *sigh* So both got the ear drops, and I mixed the oil into their leave-in shampoo and gave them both a bath. They are so pleased with me right now.

I realized afterwards that the smell of cintronella is probably driving them nuts, since cats are not fans of citrus smells. Oh well, they'll hopefully get over it. In the meantime, we're enjoying the smell :lol: Although, I'm not *entirely* pleased with partner since he asked, "Aw, are you going to do that tonight?" Yes tonight! Kitter is gouging his ear out, and you want me to wait?! And btw you're helping so we can both be evil overlords kthnxbai.

I have a full day tomorrow doing laundry and cleaning to make sure all the surfaces are bug-free. Poo. I am not a happy kitter mommy right now. Stop making me be all clean n stuff!

Poor kitties!!!

But the evil overlord bit made me giggle!:roflmao:

I watched every one of Simon's videos. They are so funny and true to life! Now multiply that by 5 and you have my house. It's a wonder anyone gets any sleep.

Another thing that my cat loves to do is walk across the alarm clock and step on the button that will play music for an hour to fall asleep to.

The first time he did it I crawled out of bed, turned off the alarm and started to get into the shower when I saw it was 3am! I've learned to make sure I double check the time before I get ready now!

I watched every one of Simon's videos. They are so funny and true to life! Now multiply that by 5 and you have my house. It's a wonder anyone gets any sleep.
Yup. So like Charlie. And yes, sometimes it feels like I get whacked by a baseball bat.

This post is titled "Cooking with Cats"

Last night for dinner I made a huge pot full of Chicken and Dumplings, a family favorite. Old Man didn't finish cleaning the kitchen before he went to bed but he did leave the stock pot that I had made dinner in, on to the stove full of water to soak.

This morning when I got up, the stove was covered with water as were the counters and one small white cat.

Apparently Sweetie was prowling the top of the cabinets, missed her footing and fell right into the stock pot! Good thing she doesn't do this at dinnertime or else it would have been Cat and Dumplings!

Cat the other white meat!

Despair_-_Cats_-_The_Other_White_meat.jpg

Ha! That's such a cat thing to do. Silly, wet kitty lol

Here are my little demon spawn. Looking so angelic!
Don't let their demeanor fool you. This photo was not altered in any way. They love shoe boxes more than they love food. When I go to bed at night, those shoe boxes are lined up at the foot of the bed and they sleep there, when they are destroying something, molesting socks or changing the settings of the computers in the house.

03-30-10_1857.jpg

Their names from top to bottom

• Ruckwarts
  • Flour
  • Sweetie
  • Lisa
  • Snowballz

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom