Post-ictal munchies

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Anyone get super hungry after having a seizure? The last couple I've had, I find myself feeling super hungry after waking up.

Anyone else get the munchies? If you do, what do you want?

I usually crave something like Grilled Cheese or something like that.

not super hungry, but once i'm 'with it' again, of course sad and stiff, feeling like a mental bag of crap, i want comfort food. and not chips or cookies or anything like that, real comfort food. homemade soup, something hot and gooey/cheesy, take-out... yada yada. bf will get it for us every time too :) after watching me go through that the last thing he feels like doing is cooking.

No, ugh. The thought of food turns my stomach. Depending on how bad the tc is I am usually nauseas. About half the time I puke. It takes several hours before I can be convinced to eat something. I usually "sleep" a good 4-6 hours. After my last cluster I slept almost 10 hours, was up for 2, then went back to sleep for 8 more. I don't think I actually ate FOOD until after the next 8. Hubby convinced me to drink about half of a smoothie.

not super hungry, but once i'm 'with it' again, of course sad and stiff, feeling like a mental bag of crap, i want comfort food. and not chips or cookies or anything like that, real comfort food. homemade soup, something hot and gooey/cheesy, take-out... yada yada. bf will get it for us every time too :) after watching me go through that the last thing he feels like doing is cooking.

Yeah, or take out. Always mexican lol But that's usually the "next day."

Yup. I feel the same way, Sad/Stiff - headache for the rest of the day, but yeah Comfort Food. Something with some weight to it. =)

mmmm sushi. or chinese - that is soooooooo good.

I am a sushi whore. I love it. I could eat that every day and not complain. Also I have access to the best won-ton soup ever. :)

right afterward it seems I'm really not in a mood to eat - more in a mood to throw up if anything

I can understand that petero, I've felt that before, but it seems 9 out of 10 times I just get really hungry and crave something. Mostly stuff high in sodium and calories. =)

bit of both, times I do get super hungry though its simple food, usually hot buttered toast or crunchy nut cornflakes

Back
Top Bottom