Problems with Keppra?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

bion719

New
Reaction score
I was diagnosed with Benign Rolandic Epilepsy when I was seven. Luckily it's supposed to wear away through puberty. I was put on Tegretol, but it caused me to stutter, so I was put on Trileptol. Three years ago I was put on Keprra as well, because Trileptol was no longer effective. I have had no noticeable social problems because of my epilepsy or medication, except for stuttering. My neurologist didn't want to take me off my medication until after college. However, a few months ago I started acting really bizarre. I completely shut my parents out of my life, and almost all of my friends, when someone touched me, I got really upset, I thought of killing myself when I wasn't even depressed, and I refused to dance with my girlfriend. My new neurologist has suggested Keppra may be the cause. I've seen countless negative stories about Keppra. Is there any fact to them, or are they exaggerated?

Absolutely, Keppra can cause serious personality issues, dangerous mood swings and rage. You should contact your neurologist ASAP to set up a plan to transition to a different med.

all aed can lead to depression! keppra may not be working for u as a side effect! im the same i wont go out the door! im scared to talk to people! and people judging me, i was never like that before keppra!

Back
Top Bottom