Prove You're A Genius!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Congratulations To Addie!

Congratulations to Addie! who has neglected work
all day in search of an answer - well done Aiddie you
got there in the end

Congratulations To Rae1889!

Congratulations To Rae1889! Who has been busy counting
boxes to get the correct answer. But hey it worked well done!

Solution.

Oh jeez...brilliant. I was concentrating on the puzzle so much I totally ignored the private message part. Sorry to anyone who saw that accidental solution posting.

Last edited:
Send Me A Private Message With Your Answer.
Anyone with the correct answer I will send a private message telling them they are correct and also
a note of congratulations to the wall

There is a bus with 7 girls on it.
Each girl has 7 bags.
In each bag, there are 7 big cats
Each big cat has 7 little cats.
Each cat has 4 legs.

Question: How many legs are present in the bus?

PLEASE ONLY POST YOUR ANSWER AND NOT YOUR WORKING OUT

GOOD LUCK
Came across this by chance after googling Epilepsy & Genius, so I had to give it a try.

7x2+7x7x7x4+7x7x7x7x4=10990 unless there is a catch I have overlooked.

Reminds me of this one:
When I was going to St. Ives, I met a man with 7 wives. Every wife had seven sacks, every sack had seven cats, every cat had seven kits. Kits, cats, sacks, wives, how many were going to St. Ives?
Anyone know the answer? (Hint: You don't have to do any math to solve it!)

The answer to Arnie's riddle is 1 because the speaker MET some people while HE was going to St Ives. So all of them and their sacks of kits and cats were headed the other direction.

The answer to Weevie's riddle could be 14 because it says that each girl HAS seven sacks, not that she has them WITH HER. The sacks might be at home or in the school lockers. So that just leaves the 7 girls who we are assuming each has two legs. But this could be the bus of the Amputee Children's Charity Association headed to a picnic for all we know.

Then again the answer could be zero if you want to get really picky about how it says there are 7 girls ON the bus and then asks how many legs are IN the bus. If all the girls (with or without their sacks) are sitting ON the roof of the bus, there are zero legs IN the bus.

These are the things that occur to a former English teacher's brain (not a math teacher).

Last edited:
"this could be the bus of the Amputee Children's Charity Association headed to a picnic" Oh my!!!!! hehehehe

You are correct, he did meet them on his way, but that doesn't mean the others were going the opposite direction. He could of met them at there house, which is along the way. :)

I would say there are 1582 legs in the first question, but in reality how could all those cats fit in bags on a bus, unless if they were not real, so therefor the answer would be the 7 girls x 2 .

Cheers,

:piano: :pop:

Hmmm, just read weevie comment about the incorrect answers people gave.

"Here is a list of incorrect answers which have been posted to me.
0, 14, 16, 98, 178, 194, 196, 226, 357, 1386, 1582, 2744, 11004"

Doh, so i'm totally wrong.

7x2+7x7x7x4+7x7x7x7x4=10990 unless there is a catch I have overlooked.
This one makes the most sense to me (barring any cute verbal "catches")

7x2 is girls x legs=14
7x7x7x4 is girls x bags x big cats x legs =1372
7x7x7x7x4 is girls x bags x big cats x little cats x legs=9604

14+1372+9604=10,990

Back
Top Bottom