Question strange taste in mouth

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

In the days preceding a seizure I taste salt all along my gumline, combined with a pasty...?...I guess it could be described as garlic-y?...taste. Basically I'm very aware of the fact that I can 'taste' my breath - it is a horrible taste, and often my tongue has a thick white coating covering it, almost as if I have thrush.

During a seizure I taste chemicals, or perhaps something metallic?

After a seizure I often feel better - I am very tired and can finally sleep soundly. I don't recall any unpleasant taste in my mouth following a seizure.

I get the metallic/blood taste quite regularly before a seizure. It's one of my very reliable warning signs.

Back
Top Bottom