Quotes, Quotes, and more Quotes

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Everyone Gives up on Threads!

Little Quotes

"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else"

"The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not" - Mark Twain

"Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers" - Homer Simpson

"What are the three words guaranteed to humiliate men everywhere?
Hold my purse !

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."
-- Eleanor Roosevelt

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Suess

When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless, and intelligence cannot be applied.

-Herophilus

"You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them. Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud." -- Maya Angelou, Letter to My Daughter

" Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

"Trust your instincts and listen to your friends, because they may be right when you don't want them to be"

"Learn from the mistakes of others, because you can't live long enough to make them all yourself"

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." - General George S. Patton

Einstein's definition of insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results."

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." -Albert Einstein

"If the number 13 is unlucky, then so should the letter B. Hi, what's your name? BOB?! GET THE F*** AWAY!" -Mitch Hedberg

I am so happy that this thread is still going. I have not been able to be here at CWE much over the last year, however hope to spend more time soon.

When I started this one, I had no idea it would last for this many years. Thanks for all the quotes and please keep them coming.

I’m not an pessimist...I’m an experienced optimist”
Unknown

“It’s a secondhand world we’re born into. What is novel to us is only so because we’re newborn, and what we cannot see, that has come before- what our parents have seen and been and done- are the hand-me-downs we begin to wear as swaddling clothes, even as we ourselves are naked. The flaw runs through us, implicating us in its imperfection even as it separates us, delivers us onto opposite sides of a chasm. It is both terribly beautiful and terribly sad, but it is, finally, the fault in the universe that gives birth to us all.”
― Katherine Min, Secondhand World

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
Marilyn Monroe

Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
― Bernard M. Baruch

You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”
― William W. Purkey

and my favorite!!!
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
― Oscar Wilde

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
― C.S. Lewis

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”
― Albert Camus

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt
Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

“I want people with epilepsy to know that there are ways in which they can play a role in their own recovery. It’s all in how they approach what is happening and how they can use that as a catalyst for their own growth. If there’s one thing that I’ve learned, it’s that people are willing to embrace you if you share your story.” – Danny Glover

:roflmao: Bill Hicks on news reports:

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
Here's Tom with the Weather."

I plan to remember those long gone in their undeniable youth. It is the one place where life was lived in eternal hope and joy was pure exhilaration. As well as it was replete with innocence and bereft of sadness. I will let those memories define them and take those smiles that I was lucky enough to share and embrace them for all time. - me (I hope that is allowed)

"A stranger is just an enemy, I haven't made yet" quote by my father ( I know he changed the whole a stranger is just a friend you haven't made yet, in his case this is very true. "

Back
Top Bottom