Random images in my mind

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Ok, I'm sorry I keep asking questions but this is the first good, active E support group I've found and there are so many questions I've been wanting to ask someone.

I've always had these really weird images flash through my head, usually when my eyes are closed, but sometimes when they're open. They are the most random things that my brain puts together. For instance, a few hours ago I had one of a dishwasher with a smiley face painted on it floating on a cloud. Sometimes it will just be one, and sometimes it will be like 50 in a row. My question is, is this related to epilepsy or is it something everyone has? I have tried and tried to search for it on google, but nothing comes up.

It could definitely be epilepsy or an aura (precursor), especially if your seizures originate in the visual cortex part of the brain.

I agree...this is the best site I have found. It's a great group of caring people.
I have had this happen a few times too...ususally when I am in process of going to sleep. I haven't mentioned it to neuro, as I didn't even think of it as related to my seizures. That's the great thing about this place...I just take some this as granted (I have several other health issues) and don't even think it is related to my seizures.

Have you

ever had one with a shark swimming in a sea of chocolate? I had that once.... realllly WEIRD......:ponder::ponder::bigmouth::roflmao: :bigsmile:

lol! No, but that's exactly the kind of thing that I would have. I had one the other night of Lois Griffin's head (from Family Guy) with a male body builder's body, swimming in a pool.

hi! i have what sounds like something similar. usually like a photo/memory of something i've seen/place i've been that just appears for no reason. it can also be something completely unfamiliar, but i've only seen "normal things" that exists (like a house, a park, whatever. from what i described, the neurologist i saw today said it's definitely seizures when images or memories occur like that. i went to the neurologist to rule out epilepsy. but... no.

I have the same thing a LOT! It's always cool to see what an image will morph ito. I thought I was just super creative. Never heard it could be seizure related. Sometimes it's like watching clouds change shapes, except I see faces and all kinds of odd stuff. Hey, it keeps me busy.. sorta like a baby playing with his hands...

oooooooo, so

I'm not the ONLY one who sees funny things in the clouds? HOT DOG!!:woot::woot:

I don't have those kind of images, but I dream a lot..! sometimes I'm barely falling a sleep and already start dreaming..!
Most of the times I remember the dream, and if I don't, but the time I go to bed and put my head in the pillow, it is like I plug my head into "dream world", and sometimes I'll remember the dream of a night before...

crazy,,,, huhhh..!:paperbag:

I don't know..... maybe doesn't have anything to do with having seizures, but who knows..!!

no, no

don't feel bad. Sometimes it IS the E meds, sometimes it's not. It just depends.

Lately, I've been having some doozies though, but let me tell ya, it's some of the most relaxing sleep I've had in YEARS. I'll happily take the doozies to get this relaxing sleep, cuz these dreams are.......FUNNY!!!

And yes, I do have continuing dreams, too.......very odd, but fun at the same time.....

I'm very good at drawing and painting, but i've not really tried since i started on these meds, so i don't know whether it'll affect my ability to get pictures out of my head and onto paper. I should try again now that i've cleared a space on the desk in my room.

I've always had really vivid dreams and colours/images i see when i close my eyes (Swan sitting on top of a piano and drinking beer?), but i just assumed everyone got that. I used to get scared by my dreams when i was younger until i realised i could tell when i was dreaming. It's like watching a telly in my head when i'm the actress lol! :woot:

I've had vivid dreams my whole life, and I almost always remember them. They are usually very strange dreams... my dad also has these. Everyone we've ever shared our dreams with has commented on how weird they are and how we're able to remember them. My husband can hardly ever remember his dreams and he gets a kick out of hearing mine.

Rhea, I'm also entertained by these images. I like the cloud analogy.

Last edited:
I have read that a lack of dreams can be linked to a deficiency of Vit B. Something to look into.

Back
Top Bottom