Remote NeuroFeedback?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Not sure if this comes here or should be in the NF nerd group.

Tracking things from here to certification associations, etc., I have found that one of the Editor of JN at ISNR is based in Montréal, so I contacted her to see if she knew about someone around here (300km from Montreal). And, to have an idea of local feelings around this technic as treatment solution.

She was nice with good insights, referred me to her associate who is working with adults and said that since there is a serious lack of certified resources in Quebec at large they do remote guidance... ???

Hem.. You have to tell me what you think about this.

For one thing I do not know yet the technical aspects of it, do they do remote access to the computer I would use to monitor the process? That is easy, but without a direct view of the patient it seems bold. Not mention that if it is through Internet I have some self security issues.

For the second I can figure out how someone who as had a certain number of sessions, and has started to understand themselves in the process, could learn to care for themselves. But to start out cold alone at home... I might lack in faith, it seems like trying to do Post Traumatic Eye Movement treatment alone with a mirror.

Cheers,

I think RobinN is using a remote system with Rebecca right now. She can likely offer some insight.

We did do 20 sessions in house prior to discussion about bringing the equipment home.
There is no way I would be comfortable with figuring out any of the subtleties of the system and the brain function by myself. This is a finely tuned process and should be carefully monitored for a while.

Having done that, it is quite easy to do the therapy at home. If there is any negative reactions, the practitioner is a phone call or email away.

I have been reading positive things about this doctor:
http://swingleandassociates.com/home

Last edited:
Ipn

We did do 20 sessions in house prior to discussion about bringing the equipment home.
There is no way I would be comfortable with figuring out any of the subtleties of the system and the brain function by myself. This is a finely tuned process and should be carefully monitored for a while.

That was the impression I had from your accounts and those of Bernard.

[QUOTE}I have been reading positive things about this doctor:
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, the guys I am speaking of are:
www.institutpsychoneuro.com (I do not think they have an English version of the site...)

I will wait to have my appointment with Dr xxx before I start NF. Ms Levesque did suggest to do both NF and Keppra at the same time. The goal being to be off all meds after 2-4 years.

In the mean time I will start discussion with her associates ta and see where it goes. Did not have time to call the clinic to see why it is taking so long to get that said appointment.

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom