RIP Speber

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

honey

Still torn up.

Last edited:
Shelley, that is one of my favorite songs. Thank you for playing such a fitting tribute for Spencer.

I care for you and I know that you will be grieving for a long time. Know that it is normal to grieve when we lose a loved one.

Speber's Passing

While I just joined and didn't know the man, his death seems to have affected many. Having seizures in and of themselves are a nightmare. The thought of anyone passing from a seizure is tragic. My thoughts go out to his wife and family.

While I just joined and didn't know the man, his death seems to have affected many. Having seizures in and of themselves are a nightmare. The thought of anyone passing from a seizure is tragic. My thoughts go out to his wife and family.

Welcome, Yes death due to a seizure is tragic.

A received a few more replies to the email I sent out:
Hi Bernard, deeply sorry to hear about loss of long time member and moderator Mr Spencer Berry. Thanks for sharing the news. I will make appropriate arrangements for fund.

My best regards, prayers and meditative thoughts for the family and for you.

Kindly,
Kanwal

I am in deep sympathy for mr. Spencer Berry.hoping that God is with the left loved ones.

Purwono Purwosumarto

I have also received some donations for the memorial fund which I will be sending shortly.

My condolences for everybody affected by Speber.

He was always there with a quick sense of humor; and a constant drive to find any research about music and epilepsy. Music therapy is definitely something to continue to research. I think he would want us to do that.

What sad news. I'd never had the pleasure of interacting with Speber as he didn't seem to be around either at the time I joined the site or when I've logged in subsequently; but he seemed like a charming and personable individual with a lot of knowledge and enthusiasm not only for music of many kinds, but in the topic of how epilepsy and its underlying triggers might relate to creativity. These are subjects that are close to my own heart, so I was looking forward to speaking with him about them at some point - if he ever showed up again. :(

I'd more or less made the assumption that he was too busy pursuing his interests to come on here, was maybe performing a lot (or whatever), and would probably be around when he had more time. That his E might have reached such a bad state that he wasn't able to be here wasn't even something I wanted to contemplate, particularly with someone who otherwise seemed full of life, energy, and optimism; without any apparent signs that he was allowing his condition to hold him back. Such a pity when someone dies so young, and who still has plenty to give and get from life.

Anyway, my condolences to his family and friends, who I'm sure will miss him. RIP Spencer...

eeg

had an eeg. First one in years. I just kept thinking of Spence.
it was my first 'normal' eeg ever.
I guess he will always be with me, helping me through my seizures.

Hi All,
I just wanted to post a note thanking all of you at CWE for all your loving thoughts and prayers and comments regarding my wonderful and Beloved husband Spencer aka Speber and #1 Awesome Dad of Katie and Alec. You have helped us all in our time of grief and it is so appreciated. He loved the forum and doing Speber's auditorium. Music was in his soul and it lives on. Loves and Hugs to all and to a Blessed, Peaceful New Year 2012.
Sincerely,
Renee, Katie and Alec

Hi All,
This is Renee, loving wife of Spencer aka Speber.
Thanks for all your well wishing, love, thoughts and prayers. It was overwhelming on how many lives he touched in so many different ways, however not surprising.
You all meant a lot to Spencer, the CWE forum and all your experiences, stories, music helped him tremendously in dealing with his Epilepsy. He also valued all the friends he had made on the forum.

The next time your'e feeling down, say a Joke for Spencer. He loved a good laugh and was always trying to make people smile.He had such a Great Personality and Sense of Humor and loved to play jokes. Humor is great therapy for the Heart and Soul.

Spencer will live on in our hearts and wonderful memories. Heaven definitely got a Rockin Angel.
Love and Peace to All,
Sincerely,
Renee

Thank you so much Renee, for sharing this.
From the other side of the world my thoughts are with you and your family. I won't forget him.

Hi Renee,

I am so glad that we heard from you. We all really appreciated Spencer. When I asked for a certain song, he always got it for me. He did the same for everyone.

You are right, laughter is the best medicine. I even wrote a poem about laughter.

I am very sorry for your loss and Katie and Alec's loss.

I send my love to your whole family.

Hi Renee. Thanks for sharing him with us.
He was the nicest guy I ever met.
Miss him so much.
Call me if you need something, ok?

Thanks, Renee

for stopping by. Spencer/Speber was such a great guy to all of us here, that I can't even begin to imagine how lucky Heaven is to get such a Rockin' Angel. You, Katie and Alec were kind enough to share him with us, and I can't thank you enough for that.

Hugs,

Meetz
:rock:

The music is still here and with the angels. Someday I plan on singing with him. Maybe an angel will teach me how to play the harp. He was the only one that really understood that because of my coma I lost some of my abilities in strings. Oh how I loved it. Now Spebes was the only one who understood my love of music. And what it means to sing or play. I can gaurantee that he is dancing, singing, and performing for the angels. He was special here but he has moved on to the next life where his head does not hurt anymore. He is watching and waiting for all of you. Life is a celebration.Turn on his music, have a block party and dance in celebrate his life. He was a good man. With all my heart and love Teresa

Back
Top Bottom