Seizure alert dogs

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi IMgood1

I really appreciate the information. The dogs do respond to lightening. That is because lightening has Nitrogen in it that goes to the earth. The dogs that I have had in the past, acted up before the lightening and thunder showed up. To bad they did not sense my seizures, or did they?

Once, when we had a new dog, who had attacked my father. He was a police dog. He never bit me. He always stayed by me, when I was around him. I wonder!!

feast,
Police dogs are trained differently and he would have responded within his training. You may not have noticed it, or he may not have picked up on them. Because of his training, he may not have reacted. As I said in a previous post, We have had 4 guide dogs and 2 of them could sense my seizures and alert me to them. I don't know whether or not our current dog can, because my seizures are well under control finally. He and I have a close bond so I'm sure he would learn if the need arose.
Dogs are truly amazing.
Iamgood1

Hi IMgood1

I am glad that your seizures are under control. I hope mine will be someday.

I agree that dogs are special. Our police dog, even though they are trained differently, tried to attack everyone in the family except me. That is the only reason I can think of. Maybe the dog just liked me better

The "Lions group" in Canada has something for seizure dogs. If you can't afford them . They send you to , I don't remember what state for a couple of weeks to match you with a dog and a trainer. And from there I don't know what. They used to have them in WA state. My mom is a lion. Maybe I can find out a number.

Hi stilldancing_98

As much as I would like to, with the economy, we cannot afford the upkeep of a seizure dog. Thank you, though.

I understand. I am below poverty level myself. I just always believe there has to be a way. There has to be.

Back
Top Bottom