seizure update as promised

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
12 days I have been seizure free! (night seizures)
22 days I have started my increased dose of keppra of 2000mgs daily
and 22 days of deccreased dose of topamax of 100 mg daily

so far on my longest seizure free stretch, hoping this keeps going! even through major bouts of depression i havent had any night seizures so this is a good thing!
Since they also gave me a dx of PNES and my wife says my day and night ones look the same and am going through a battery of other testing right now i dont even notice some of my day ones anymore, one once did i notice them and that was when my depression was at its worse and only had 2 day seizures that day and none at night but the neuro calls them PNES during the day.
so still down more than before, and since I havent been here with updates for a long time since things have been quiet i thought I'd update everyone with some good news with me!
Hope everyone has been well!

Mike

thanks for the update! it's great to know everything is ok. lets just hope you stay seizure free from now on

Thats's what I'm hoping but i noticed the neuro, didn't put any refills on the bottle, so thankfully I see him today.
Thanks sonia!

Mike

Great news Mike! I hope you remain seizure-free, and can start to shake the depression too.

Mike, if you have time could you PM me(or reply here) about your night seizures? Typical pattern, frequency, etc. Im trying to determine if these are what my daughter is experiencing even though her Neuro seems to think shes having Parasomnias. She has had 6 T/C since they started to I diagree. Thanks! Glad to hear you are doing well!! Id love to see my daughter have a good nights sleep for once!!

Back
Top Bottom