Should I Take My Husband To See A Doctor?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JLogefeil

New
Reaction score
Last night when my husband and I were sleeping I woke up to him like twiching really bad and breathing really heavy. This lasted a while and I have to wake him up for them to stop.
Shawn my husband doesn't have seizures or anything like that. When he's about to fall asleep that's when the twiching starts. Last night it was really bad to we're it woke me up.
He does drink a lot of Rockstares energy drinks and mountain drews during the day and if we're going to be up for awhile he ll drinks some to stay awake. I don't know if this is what is causeing his twiches but now I m getting concerned. I did notice that the twiching gets bad when he does have a lot of drinks with caffeine in them.
Could he be having a form of a seizure? If so what kind? Becuase If I do take him to a doc and they end up doing an EEG on him and something shows up, he wount be able to drive. I can't drive becuase I have seizures.

I would take him to a doctor anyway. but it doesnt sound like seizures. EVERYONE twitches during certain phases of sleep before sleep paralysis sets him.

Him drinking energy is probably causing his inability to sleep good, making him drink more during the day and causing a vicious cycle.

cut out the pop/soda/caffiene and you both will notice a difference. start on a weekend so he has time to catch up on sleep from not having the caffiene to stay awake

He could have Restless Leg Syndrome. The husband of a friend of mine has that. When he cuts out caffeine it helps reduce the twitching.

You guys have really good advise. I will tell him all this.
Also, I don't drink energy drinks or soda with caffeine, every once in awhile I will have a soda. Just not with the one that have caffeine.

I don't want to be the bad one here, but I might be wrong about it.

The same thing happened to my grandma, who is in her 80's, last year. She would wake my grandpap up because she was shaking so bad. He wasn't able to wake her up though but it sounds like you can wake your husband up.

After about 3 months of her doing this and falling out of bed twice she finally went to the dr and found out she did have epilepsy. She was only having the seizures at night. She was put on medicine and after a month the seizures stopped and I don't think she's had one since.

The driving laws vary from states on how long you have to be seizure free before you are able to drive, it's six months her in PA.

I'd deffently take him to the dr, it could just be one of the other things that the others mentioned but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Back
Top Bottom