Should I worry about continous Auras?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

rock and roll

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
I've been having what I can only describe as an avalanche of deja vu all day long. I'm really feeling off right now, because it's rare for me to have an aura before a full on Complex Partial... At least not one that is that long lasting so it's really frightening for those few seconds of wondering whether the Aura will end there or progress. I did have 4 full on Complex Partials yesterday. Took my meds and things are slowly starting to calm down. I know Aruas are Simple Partials, but is it possible to have continuous Simple Partial seizures all day? and should I have been concerned?

Hi rock and roll,

There have been many times that I will have a bunch of auras during the day and sometimes they lead to complex partial seizures. A lot of it has to do with the weather or hormones changing not to mention stress. This may sound crazy but if you start to feel a aura seizure try to tighten up all the muscles in your body and make your hands into tight fists for a few seconds. My neuro taught me this back in the 1970's and it has stopped many aura seizures from leading into a complex partial seizure. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Whenever you experience a new or unusual seizure or episode, it's a good idea to contact your neuro to determine what's going on. It is possible to have continuous partial seizures (referred to as non-convulsive status epilepticus), and while they don't carry the same risks as convulsive status epilepticus, it is still important to get them under control and prevent future similar episodes.

Back
Top Bottom