Sleep Apnea

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Duke

New
Reaction score
Hey everybody, Between my wife and Family Dr. the 2 of them got me to have the first part of a sleep apnea test with the eeg leads, and the monitors to check my breathing through the night. When it was over my wife asked the nurse if I stoped breathing any time , well she said she couldn't tell us , we would have to wait and talk to the Dr. , but she was shaking her head yes the whole time. I go back and have the second part of the test on the 8th of this month. The part where they put the CPAP mask on and hook up to the humidifier to see if it helps me breath any better at night.
I guess i'm wandering if anybody thinks there is a link between Epilepsy and sleep apnea, cause I used to have a lot of seizures through the day. Chime in if you have any thoughts, thanks.

Duke

Birdbomb beat me to it... :hi5:

BB, thanks for the link , it looks like sleep apnea and Epilepsy go hand & hand for a lot of folks, Thanks. Duke

I had a sleep apnea study done about 6 months before my VNS was implanted and the results were normal. But 3 1/2 years later, I developed breathing complications following a total knee replacement. I had another sleep study done and it was discovered I has Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea. It was caused by the VNS. I now sleep with a CPAP and 2 liters of oxygen. (naps included!) And if the humidity get high or I am sick for a long time, I need to add oxygen during the day.

However, I have been seizure FREE for 2 1/2 years now! :woot:(my VNS has been turned OFF for 3 years)

:boxin:Just when you think you get one thing under control, some OTHER damn thing pops up and make life even more interesting!
:zacepi:

Birdbomb, way to go on being seizure free for 2 1/2 years. Monday night I start the second part of my sleep apnea test, I'll get back to you with results when the Dr lets me know something.Til' then all the best. Duke

Back
Top Bottom