Smoking.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

if i knew how i would,i tried start thread before but it no worked

I agree with your husband.

I know he's right and I should wait awhile before I have one. But you know there's that bit of time right after a seizure when you think you're back to normal and everything is ok, at least there is for me. He keeps an eye on me while I have it tough or he makes me stay on the couch and not get up until he knows I'm ok.

I had smoked for 20 years and quit when my son was born. I did not smoke for 9.5 years and found no difference with seizures or depression or sex drive. Then a bit after my divorce i started smoking again, did that for a year and quit again; went 9 months and a couple weeks ago started again. Has anyone heard anything about tobacco use and seizure activity?

I started smoking off and on when I was 18, it got more into a daily thing when I moved out onto my own. As I counted back, I actually smoked for a good 20 plus years; gave up counting after awhile.

Anyway. What made me stop was being told from a neurosurgeon the only way I would be receive the Vagus Nerve Stimulator is to quit smoking. So I had to quit smoking in basically two weeks. How fun?! NOT! I never thought I was going to quit that fast in my life but you know the fact being I had a chance of getting something to improve my medical health was worth doing so I chose to move forward and quit.

The surgery took place Aug 2011 and I have gone through some difficult times since then as it has been stressful. But it was so worth quitting as I don't have headaches any more. Something else I discovered was I was no longer dealing with congestion or getting a stuffy nose every other day. It actually felt wonderful not to deal with those little things all because I quit smoking. Even though it was hard, I don't regret dropping the habit and it was well worth dropping them as the price is something I cannot afford. :soap:

Back
Top Bottom