Stuff Epileptics Say : )

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

*talking sweet and normal with dear husband*
(BLACKOUT)
*argue*
*argue*
*argue*
(PAUSE)
and then *laugh at husband* because he is angry because "why are we arguing? I don't really care that you want to buy bananas!"
*continue with sweet and normal day with dear husband*

I really hate my moody postictal states!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No no I am not ignoring you, just tired/spacing out, why? don't you know what a postictal state can look like?

For the last year or so I haven't been able to figure out why nobody except Paul responds to my Facebook posts. The other day I was checking my security settings and discovered that I'd set my posts so that they were viewable by nobody except Paul. True story.

Here's one of my epic facebook saves.

badfacebooksave_zpsf60f1138.jpg

Hint: a winking smiley can solve all kinds of fails.

I do this occasionally:

(Intends to say something e.g. What grade did I get, Ms X? While in the classroom)
Speaks out loud: What grade did I get, Mum?

Seconds later: (Within mind) "D'OH!" or "C'est un faux pas" (it's a false step/mistake)

Hahahahaha! anbesol!!! So good on the bitten up tongue!!!!

I had a seizure once while sitting on the concrete steps outside my parents' house. As I fell, I smashed my face into the edge of one of the stairs and cut up my face. I had a cut on my cheek from under my nose to just under the outside part of my eye (on the cheekbone part of the face)..it was pretty badass! When I went back to work, I made up all sorts of different stories about how I got the cut...
"I got attacked by a bear while trying to save a kitten"
"you should have seen the other guy!"

Those kinds of things. Of course, people knew that I was joking but it still gave us all a bit of a giggle!

Also, the one joke about the laundry washing and tonic/clonic in the bathtub = HILARIOUS!!

Making up answers to those 'what happened' questions is a requirement for keeping your sanity. If you give the real answer, you're saying the same thing 50 times a day, and answering the same follow up questions, or looking at the blank stares of people who don't know how to respond to your answer. When I got a patterned bruise on my cheek from falling on a hard woven carpet, when ever I was with my boyfriend and strangers asked what happened, I told them he'd beat me.

Or maybe the thread should say "and things epileptics write". I go back and read some of the stuff I have written and wonder what people must think when they read it.

Recently, my brain has started some sort of chess game with me...and it's in the lead.

I'm a student, so I take compulsory Physical Education lessons. We weren't going to play Rounders again for some reason, so we were told to do homework or revision for other subjects. Person A's bag was on my table, so I was going to move it to another table. There was Person B and Person C sitting on that table. Instead of saying "I'm just going to put Person A's bag here", I did the usual stupid thing and said "I'm just going to put Person B's bag here.". B and C said "What?", I repeated myself (continue stupidness)...

THEN I realised that:
A) I should've said Person A instead
Banana) I'm REALLY stupid/having an embarrassing day
30) Persons B and C may be thinking how weird I am

THANK YOU, BRAIN!
(Not)

My sympathies- getting diagnosed is probably the hardest part! You've come to the right place though; CWE is great for getting to know E and how to deal with it. If there's ever anything I can do to help you understand more, encourage you, make you laugh 'til you cry, etc. just send me a message. : )

"MORE bruises? Whoever he is, he doesn't love you, Seiz!"

"Have you ever actually tried your favourite epilepsy joke out for real? Want to? She's using the laundry machine again...can I just give you a TC in the bathtub and throw in my laundry and soap? I promise I will keep you from drowning!"

You have to be a good sport about it... Don't let it get to you too much : )

That bathtub joke made me laugh out loud. It's 7am. Thank you!

Saturday was an epileptic kind of day. When I was finally starting to come around on Sunday afternoon, my husband handed me a bottle of water, I finished it and then said

"Best.Tasting.Water.Ever."

There was a time when having CPS almost daily. Sometimes 2-3 times in a daily.
I'd often dread each day, knowing I was going to have more CPS. It was the when and where that bothered me. I'd hoped the day would go by fast, possibly missing the CPS.

About a week ago I watched the movie "Annie" for the first time in years. I've only seen it when I was a child. But as I watched and listened, the words to the song "Tomorrow" some in my mind.

Tomorrow, tomorrow I love you tomorrow
You're always a seize away...

It's pretty sad when your mind plays that kind of trick with you. :(

Back
Top Bottom