Stuff Epileptics Say : )

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Guess what I did? Last week I was walking to the store and bam! I tripped over the curb. Good huh? I ended up with a cuncusion. My Dr thought it was a grand mal. huh! I got a concusion all by myself. lol Well I'm doing good now. Sorry I have been gone for a while. But, I'm back to give heck to everyone.;)

Oh no! I'm so glad you're okay. Gosh, those curbs can be dangerous. My grandma tripped and hit a curb and ended up in the ICU for weeks. Of course she was on coumadin, but regardless, i'm relieved to know you're on the mend! Stay safe, stilldancing_98.

popped out my 4-5 front teeth while sitting on curb, yes SITTING on a curb

I certainly don't intend these to be offensive. To me they are just a few funny stories to come out of the last years - I choose to see the humour in it. It definitely gives me a laugh when my sister tells me some of these when I'm recovering in hospital. Always, always in life it is better to laugh than cry!

"I know you, I do, I know you" while post-ictal to the paramedics

Ambo: "Who is the prime minister?" Me:ahhh
Ambo: "Where do you live?" Me: ahhh
Ambo: "What month is it?" Me: ahhhh
... you think he would have stopped asking

CRASH, hearing someone come sprinting up the stairs - "it's ok, it's ok I just dropped the shampoo, it's ok"

Slurring out "Did I get the cute ambo?" to my sister ... while the ambo is sitting right next to me in the back of the ambulance & I'm strapped to the stretcher getting oxygen. She tells me the look on the guy's face was priceless

"I don't remember" "Do I know this?" "I don't know what you're talking about"

"I live at Georgie's place" (repeatedly) - I in fact do not live at 'Georgie's' place ... I still maintain this is not my fault - asking someone where they live when they're coming to is just unfair

Haven't laughed like this in a long time!!
First day on the epilepsy forum and I feel like I've found home.
Thank you!
<3

I was stilling with a bunch of people at a bar with a girl on disability, and I was explaining the different forums for different things, and not thinking about what i was saying I say, "there is a group for depression, but i think that is a down bunch of people." only to feel like i swallowed my foot whole.

what did I do?

My boyfriend and I both ended up in the ER. Me- for a long lasting seizure.
Him- for a tetnis shot.

in a nutshell -

me: "I just want a hug,"
"No way" he said me: "
I promise, I won't bite you this time"

After I came to. I asked " what attacked you ?"
He said YOU!
me: "I did not, I don't remember that, why would I bit you?"

Him chest was covered with bit marks - I thought that he was attacked by an animal.
I was sooo embarrassed and told him that we will never speak about this day ever! -friends and family never laughed so hard.

OMG so this is totally normal to not remember things like this?? I just started having seizures and I was just thinking I was going crazy... I cannot remember anything anymore unless I write it down. I seriously just had a long conversation with my husband this morning, he called back a few hours later and I had completely forgotten our entire conversation.... He was like we talked for 30 minutes about this, how did you forget already, or do you just not listen to anything I say.. LOL. Man o man... do our memories get any better???

Haha I love this. Seems like everything I would have said has been said. Well one thing me and my husband laugh about... This is an every day event for the 5 or so weeks following my drop seizure

*Me in the shower*-drop the bottle of shampoo
*30 seconds later*-bang-bang bang-husband knocking on door
Him-"Hey you OK? I'm gonna break in the door"
Me- "No no, I'm fine, just dropped the shampoo again"

I'm having a difficult time with it so we both make jokes. Not mean jokes or anything and we try to laugh it off when we can. We love to laugh.

Girlwithdog,
That's funny, because my boyfriend does the same thing- only
I'm affended. thinking that he doesn't trust me.

thanks for posting. guess there can a little humor in almost anything.
:hugs:

CQ, Screamy and Qtowngirl have summed it up for me. I can't tell you what I say because whatever I try to say does not come out right. And I try to type and the fingers are dyslexic.

"The gerbil in my head is sprinting in the Olympics."

"It's a new dance I invented. Be jealous." (that one usually gets some awkward stares)

"Did you paint the walls?"

(Whenever someone asks me how I feel after) "I'm just living the dream... How are you, buddy?"

And my number one line is:
"My brain is just more active than yours." (Everyone gets a kick out of that one.)

The other day I was postictal and was .absolutely convinced. that the British Army was going to arrest me for IRA activity (I was around 10 when the cease-fire happened LOL) and I kept saying how I was going to hide beneath my desk because "they'd never look there." I was also telling people I was going to marry the Irish revolutionary I wrote my uni dissertation on...he died in 1916!

My friend and his fiancée were just enjoying the Seizurrific Show (seriously, my postictal period should be a sitcom) with my roommates and they were all amusing themselves (I of course remember none of this at all) by asking me maths questions. 2+2 is 2, did you know? LOL it can also equal 5.....

One of my roommates hadn't ever seen a TC so I was telling her, It's just going to be a little seizure..." When my friend got there and I was having it, she goes, "Uh...it was supposed to be just a little seizure?!?!"

ha love it!

I was flying back down after a mini holiday and the air pressure must of done something because I was having clusters of seizures all through the descent and couldn't seem to stop it - eventually after everyone in the plane had got off they called an Ambulance.
Long story short, after the Ambulance got there they managed to put me in a wheelchair and wheel me out onto the bed - unfortunately the foot pedals slipped and my feet went straight underneath.
When I came too everyone was like "oh didn't that hurt?" and it's like "well, yeaah" - couldn't walk on it and it was black for two weeks! I'm one of those lucky/unlucky ones who is often aware of what happens, but just can't control it or do anything about it..
:D

I was feeling so sorry for myself all day cuz of these stupid side effects and blah blah blah but this thread made me smile and that was toughie today thank you all....
"what's wrong?"
"I'm having a foop"
"a foop?" o_O
"my head it's restart...seiz"
"ohhh a foop, crap she fell on the dog"

Daughter (the one with the serious lack of sleep trigger): Me and my friends have picked out our holiday for next year. The flight leaves at 7am the morning after our prom.

Me: %£%%^$%$. No.

Back
Top Bottom