Stuff Epileptics Say : )

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

if anyone calls me epileptic i always say nope i lady with epilepsy and i take meds keep it under control what do you take in med cupboard for ignorance or stupidity

Earlier today " My head feels too big!!!" followed by " I can't find my hands" I was having an Alice moment

"No, I can put on my own pants, you'll just do it wrong" - I didn't get my pants on

"It happened again, didn't it?"

(Once I managed to convince the paramedics I was OK and they didn't need to take me to hospital) "So, what country am I in?"

babble babble babble......oh fuck....babble babble babble......fuck did I?.....babble babble babble babble babble..... NOOOOO!!!..... babble.......fuck I did.......babble babble babble..... and then heaving sobs until I can speak a full sentence and pick up the phone.

One of the first T/C's I was told I said something pretty funny. I was told I looked around at my family and kept saying, "I need to watch the movie, Aliens." They got a kick out of that.

c Ian mredd dyself, really, wt ias anly o hild meadache!

Really, how does a human even say that... I guess it was( so hubby tried to translate for me)..

I can dress myself, really, it was only a mild headache??

c Ian mredd dyself, really, wt ias anly o hild meadache!

Really, how does a human even say that... I guess it was( so hubby tried to translate for me)..

I can dress myself, really, it was only a mild headache??
A few years ago I sent an offline message to my friend in America & I had a partial seizure while typing the message. The message said Call luch wth look. It wasn't until I got home later that day when I got offline message back from my friend saying 'what??' that I looked back at the message I had posted earlier that day & realised it made no sense. My friend was about to have some tests done at the time so I think the message was meant to say 'Good luck with that' lol.

Last edited:
Hi

I'm gonna add something that happened two weeks ago

I have started doing online shopping and I mostly get it delivered but I thought that it might be better to collect it so I head to the shopping centre and go to the coles front desk and inquire about my order , the lady says that my name is not on the list and we chat for a bit, I show my bank statement on my phone to prove the money came out and we change details with a promise of contact later to find out what's going on.

By this time I'm exasperated and wondering what's so hard about getting this order right..... So I walk away and as I head towards woolworths I realise that it was actually them the order was with haha so I collect my shopping from woolworths,I then headed back to Coles and explained that I had a bad day ........ I then went home and laughed my head off !!!!

I think my boyfriend had a very good laugh about that one too haha

when you keep pay your bills, and over the mail,
and you end up with a few hundred in credits,
and broke as hell,

but your bills are paid.
till eventually you are worried you cant pay pay your bills, but you check them, and they all have several hundred in credits. from being over paid,

I have to say an incident that happened to me. While driving 1 mile to the food coop for some extras for dinner that night. I had a strong Partial and blanked out enough that where the road bends around a curve I just went straight and hit a tree straight on. This is an in-town road but has 2 lanes each way. The car was quite smashed in but still running when I realized what had just happened. I was still in a daze, coming to and I just backed up and pulled back onto the road and drove the last 100 feet to the store. I parked, went in, got my few things and coming out, the police were standing at my car and hand-cuffed me, put me in jail saying You did a hit and run. I argued that the tree is fine and did not mind a bit. That I am a tree lover more than they are and this is overkill for a minor incident like this. I have never been in jail before or after. They eventually let me go and I had an arborist write a letter for the judge saying the tree is fine, they dropped the whole thing. Some do-gooder must have called the cops thinking i was really drunk or something. This was last year, but after a few more accidents in the last few months I gave up driving all together now. I bike everywhere and love it. My health and environment love me. I still support the PUNK ethic though and I bike fast on an old homemade bike from parts with a makeshift basket. My meds have been increased and it has been months since any seizure feelings so I just try to pay attention, and bike like hell.

I thought I was in the right place. Bare with me if I'm not please.

In my opinion Laughter is the only way to help with recognition and acceptance of this condition. When I was younger it was a sickness something to be revolted by. If you had it you had a stigma attached. You were looked down on felt sorry for, any number of negative things would be dumped on you. Now I think it's more accepted not feared.
I would rather be laughed at than feared felt sorry for, etc. With knowledge comes acceptance. If I were to hide it and treat it as if it were some serious condition then, In my opinion, people around me would then change how they treated me or just wouldn't want to be around me. I think when I laugh people laugh with me.

Funny things I've said:
Sorry your honor your not funny but.....
It's ok I just thought of something funny and thought
I would just go for a short walk around the coffee table.
Damn that hurts another broken toe. next time
steel toed boots to bed.
Honest I didn't think it was funny that he died.
Yes you can shut the bus door I'm done.
Yes I thought it was funny.....

Me: Hey, this looks like it might be a good movie...
Wife: Yah, umm, we watched it last year and you enjoyed it.
Me: Oh

Me: Hey, I like this movie, I should read the book!
Wife: You read the books last last year...
Me: Really???

On the plus side, I get to experience things for the first time more than once. Read the same book without knowing the ending. But it can be a bit disconcerting. Is it the seizures, or is it the meds?? I like to blame the topamax.

I do it too.
I may get a vague impression of familiarity from time to time, but it's all new to me.
You're right, it is nice being able to read something again for the first time.
Unfortunately, it's not the meds (I don't think).

When I go to sleep I'm naked all over. Mostly in front of my doctor. But now it might might be in front of one of my sons teachers. What a babe. Dave. And he teaches special ed kids. I have to find out if he's married. My stomach is has butterflies.fjkdjflkdjflkf Thats excitement. Time to volunteer more.;) Happy Valentines day.

I feel strange joking about something that terrifies me..but, my significant will ask my daughter where her favorite pizza is from and she always says "little seizures". :-/ One month today our lives got flipped upside down and here I am joking about seizures...oye :)

Back
Top Bottom