Stuff Epileptics Say : )

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hahaha COurt, when I'm being a crazy postictal nutter I always tell epilepsy jokes. Apparently I get (and remain, at least for a few minutes( positively delighted because they laugh instead of stand there awkwardly haha

"What do you call a stoned epileptic?"
"Shake n' Bake!"

"What should you do if someone with E seizes in your bath-tub?"
"Throw in your laundry and soap!!"

I must say that the laundry joke is my favourite- that's the one I always tell when I'm out of my head haha ;)

Those are good ones. I think my mom would like some of those. thanks seizuriffic.I wonder if there will be a stand up for the seizure community. Probobly not. But I think it would bring us closer together.

- "Crap....just dropped another glass. I really just need to buy a few plastic tumblers."
I've actually taken to stealing champagne (my drink of choice) glasses from pubs to replace all the ones I break at home. I've been through a good half a dozen in the past couple of months. It's a good thing my local doesn't keep a close eye I their glassware!!

Other Person: Hey what's your problem?
Me: Im, sorry, what did I do?
Other Person: You threw that ink-pen at me
Me: Oh no, I would never do that, it was my hand, it threw it not me.

"We need to have an epilepsy comedian- they can visit the different events/conventions. It would be totally great! I volunteer Seize for the job."

"You kidding? I wouldn't remember half the shit I'd thought up..."

"I just need to sit down..."

[Whumph/crash/shatter/thud/bang/moan/whimper/groan/wail/shriek]

"Christ...."

"What should you do if someone with E seizes in your bath-tub?"
"Throw in your laundry and soap!!"

How do you differentiate between regular and delicates?.....

Maybe save the delicates for some post-ictal cycle?

Lost one shoe, toe missing, last seen underneath desk on left foot!

"We did ------ on Monday."
"Seriously?! I can't remember any of that."
"I know, you've asked me four times and I've told you as many."
"That's what happens when you have back to back seizures..."

Remember: I've locked the door!
Did I lock the door?
Go back and check if door is locked ...
Did I lock the door?
Did I lock the door?

and over and over and over ...

Did I lock the door?
Did I lock the door?
Did I lock the door?

and over and over and over ...
I do that a lot :roflmao:.

When I finish work for the day/night I will usually double/triple check all the rooms to make sure everything is turned of (heaters, cd players, lights) & I've locked the cabinet in my office before I leave lol. If I leave after my boss I'll also check the door a couple of times just to make sure it is locked lol.

Last edited:
I've got that down to about 3 times now. I locked the door. then,did I lock the door? Yes mom you locked the door. Well I better check it and make sure it's all right. lol

"What would Freud have to say about what comes out of my mouth while I'm postictal!?"

Brilliant!

LOL! I wrote that because I've said stuff that 1) Freud would have a f*cking field day with and 2) some seriously "incriminating" stuff ;)

"Nope, happened during a seizure. Doesn't count."

i know i just read something very funny here about my seizures
i wish i could remember what it was so i can tell my wife

What a great thread!! I'll have to ask my husband if I have any good ones.

Apparently before this last one I went 'Damn it..... damn it!!" with my 6 yr old standing right there.

I am also now much more aware of why I can NEVER remember how to get anywhere. So thankful for my GPS....except I'm not driving right now....again...

Back
Top Bottom