Stuff Epileptics Say : )

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Is apparently not the best way to explain what you mean when you forget the word 'epileptic'.

I always say this to anyone with questions, "I can do anything that anyone else can; there is nothing impeding me. I CAN do everything anyone else can! But I DON'T because there are just some things that I SHOULDN'T do." People can go put their imposed restrictions on someone else for a while ; ) Waste of my time and theirs haha

I once had someone ask if I had ever had a seizure during coitus and I looked at them like "Whoa." but the only thing that came out of my mouth was some sputtering and, "Doesn't matter because I am incredibly flexible. Fecked brains lead to imaginative positions, voluntary or not." The guy laughed so hard I thought he was going to pass out lol

i try to keep an empty bladder for the most part.
but on a bicycle you have no choice

Something I said last week suring a seizure to a guy I work with...

please please, Dave, do not let me sit on this floor, take my hands, make me stand...

wow, I still do not believe I said that to him......

i have deja vue did i take my pill then have absece i didnt or did i take them again or not as case maybe..so start again to discover i did in first place or did i.insanity takes in or i bang my head on the wall or wait for seizour and that bang my head for me.....so the husband gives them to me now dont ya just hate that

actually i have been known to put my laptop under chairs or sofas,
"you cant drop things off the floor" is well known around here

That sounds like my remote. no matter what I tell my son the remote goes on the table. I can never find it. He either puts it in the couch or its on the table where its suppose to be.

the other idiom around here, is everything had a home, and everything should always be in its home.

"What the f#%^ is going on?"

"[word salad]"

"My brain decided to take a vacation...a twitchy one."

"I promise I was paying attention..........okay FINE, I was having an Absence seizure. Are you happy now? Damn!"

I was recently post-ictal and had called my boyfriend crying and explaining what happened. In the middle of a sentence I stopped what I was saying and instead went to say 'Banana!'
Somehow (don't know how the hell how) I managed to stop myself and just tell him to go ahead and do the talking.
After he was home I went to tell him about someone I know having a knee procedure Friday and that her leg would be numb. Instead, 'Yeah she's having an injection and her leg's gonna be dumb.'
Sigh. I guess they say if you can't laugh... (and on that note thanks Screamy for the 'take my hands make me stand,' sounds like you were singing a good love song. made me laugh, really needed that).

what drives me to insanity is that few seconds you not with it and you move put something down no remember where..one first time it happen i was putting pair shoe on next thing i on other side of house one shoe on and after 5mins of hysteria my husband found othe shoe behind wardrobe...this drive me to insanity cos spend all my life looking for things i put down

On a lighter note.Epilepsy no matter how hard you try you aint gonna beat me!

i think we all need pity party every so often,altho i think i having to many pity parties at moment...someone invite me to a tupperwear party that make my pity party more enjoyable you can bring a bottle

hey at least at the Tupperware Party you don't need to worry bout breaking the fine china :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom