Stuff Epileptics Say : )

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Things epileptics do:

We bought a house this spring, after I finished painting inside and had it epileptic-proofed my friend/realtor came by for a visit.

I average 7.8 seizures a week (mostly a mix of simple & complex partials and only a few t/c's now with the keppra).

She knows I'm epileptic but I may be the only epileptic she knows...

She said: You have a lot of computers & laptops.

I thought: Well I never know if I'll make it out of bed, or end up on the couch; if I'm lucky I get to spend time in the office. And if I'm going to feel like crap i need something to entertain me and I'm sure as heck not carrying a laptop around the house.

She said: And a phone in every single room...and each bathroom.

I thought: (I'm home alone alot) Well I never know when and where I'm going to seize and it has happened in the bathroom so I have my husband and parents numbers programmed into the phones! Believe me I want a phone handy!

She didn't comment on the fact that I have a clock hanging on nearly every wall. I like to track time as I seem so have lapses of time in my day. All to often where i am is not where I last remember being :dontknow: :roflmao:

She didn't mention the numerous monthly calendars throughout the house that have each day that has passed crossed off. For some reason /innocent look I have a problem remembering what day, what month and what year I'm in. :p

Excellent thread everyone, it feels good not to be alone.

Things epileptics do:

We bought a house this spring, after I finished painting inside and had it epileptic-proofed my friend/realtor came by for a visit.

I average 7.8 seizures a week (mostly a mix of simple & complex partials and only a few t/c's now with the keppra).

She knows I'm epileptic but I may be the only epileptic she knows...

She said: You have a lot of computers & laptops.

I thought: Well I never know if I'll make it out of bed, or end up on the couch; if I'm lucky I get to spend time in the office. And if I'm going to feel like crap i need something to entertain me and I'm sure as heck not carrying a laptop around the house.

She said: And a phone in every single room...and each bathroom.

I thought: (I'm home alone alot) Well I never know when and where I'm going to seize and it has happened in the bathroom so I have my husband and parents numbers programmed into the phones! Believe me I want a phone handy!

She didn't comment on the fact that I have a clock hanging on nearly every wall. I like to track time as I seem so have lapses of time in my day. All to often where i am is not where I last remember being :dontknow: :roflmao:

She didn't mention the numerous monthly calendars throughout the house that have each day that has passed crossed off. For some reason /innocent look I have a problem remembering what day, what month and what year I'm in. :p

Excellent thread everyone, it feels good not to be alone.

This is why I like my iphone ^.^ if it dies I'm screwed tho....

as much as i hate to say it,

do you know how nice of a feeling it is, when an ambulance and a firetruck come rushing up, and you have shit to do with it for a change. And you can just walk off to enjoy your soda.

as much as i hate to say it,

do you know how nice of a feeling it is, when an ambulance and a firetruck come rushing up, and you have shit to do with it for a change. And you can just walk off to enjoy your soda.

Indeed! I was telling my husband today that next month will mark 2 years since I've been in the ER. Oh thank God!

dont even think i am pushing a month yet.
such is life

did find out out who a real friend was, and another angry girlfriend story

'Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!'

This is what MaritimeEast hears each time I have a seizure!! Glad I pass out for more than 1/2 hour. wonderful trip to Windsor today.....

"I thank you ahead of time for not buying strobe fireworks."

"I'm just going to nap while all of you go to the theatre...."

I'm feeling tired - must be stressed out from work
I'm feeling depressed - must be the weather
I'm feeling dizzy - must be catching a cold
I can't put 2 thoughts together in a coherent sentence - must have the flu
I'm stumbling over my own feet ...

OH ... I'm just overdosing on my Dilantin again!

(followed by the joy of coming down from a Dilantin high :))

"I'm just going to nap while all of you go to the theatre...."

That reminded me of this....

The first movie theatre movie I saw part of with my husband was the last movie theatre movie we ever went to. And God does he love going to movies!

"pass me a beer....NOT!"

(yup, I'm bringing NOT back. It's even more enjoying the second go around.)

Do you hear that? Did you see that? WOW colors. Stop pushing me! Ok, where's my leg? Is this my hand? Is my face moving? Look, Look at my nose, it's moving...isn't it?
I see stars...shooting stars! : ) WOW!
I don't know if its "E" or not, but boy am I trippin.

Oh yea, I smell funky feat and lavendar....at the same time of course!

(I used to work security at a bar)

Someone told me this that night. “What do you call someone with epilepsy working security at a bar on tecnho night?”

“A Bouncer.”

Back
Top Bottom