temporal lobe epilepsy symptom?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Some have had great success with that diet when under the watchful eye of a doctor or caregiver. I can't say I would recommend it for the avg person or athlete.
How is your refined carb intake, high glucose foods, high fructose and other additives, processed foods, etc?

Also... might you consider eating more often? That has helped Rebecca maintain her blood sugar and hormone levels.

Also... might you consider eating more often? That has helped Rebecca maintain her blood sugar and hormone levels.

i used to be really sloppy a few months ago, drinking coke and eating a lot of restaurant food.

i still eat at a restaurant about 3 times a week (parents don't always cook, always buying fast food), but i avoid simple sugars. i drink a lot of milk though, not sure if that counts as it's low glycemic.

my only sources of carbs come bread, really.

i would've thought eating more often kept blood sugar levels up? are simple sugars harmful for TLE?

I have left temporal lobe epilepsy. I was dx'd at the age of 18 months old. Now that Im 32, I've lived my life knowing this is my life. Its the only thing Im use to. But I recall growing up going through alot of different things. Like when I was younger, I recall my mom saying I was doing things over and over again... like having to hit the light switch a certain number of times after youve turned it off... even during my seizures, or prior I should say, I would see a long row a people, that would be standing there, ready to pass me down the line... then I dont recall what happened after that due to having a complex partial seizure or grand mal seizure. There's alot of different emotions that come with temporal lobe epilepsy. I do know that one thing that works for me is taking vitamin b6. I was told this in 2010 and before then I could tell how my emotions would be all over the place when I was on the keppra. Just alot of mood swings. But since being on that, Ive been doing great.

Just know that when times get tough, dont think about all the what if I do this and it all goes away... come here. come to us. we are here for you. Message us anytime. MuayThaiFighter and I are only miles away from each other... and we are here for you day or night. Just message us if you need anyone to talk to!

i remember growing through and OCD phase from the time i was 8 to the time i was about 12. one of the things i can recall was constantly saying "sorry" out loud when i thought of something bad happening to someone, repeating my steps (going back and forth on one leg) touching objects repeatedly.

hey mylo;
question.. you taking any shakes or powders for the weight lifting? The only reason I ask is because my X who was BPD used to take a lot of protein shakes and other supplements when he was weight lifting and let me tell you it was NOT a good mix, made the BPD symptoms worse. Outward rages..
Hang in there, we are all here for you and your girlfriend.
Karen

hey mylo;
question.. you taking any shakes or powders for the weight lifting? The only reason I ask is because my X who was BPD used to take a lot of protein shakes and other supplements when he was weight lifting and let me tell you it was NOT a good mix, made the BPD symptoms worse. Outward rages..
Hang in there, we are all here for you and your girlfriend.
Karen

i haven't felt a difference on or off of them but recently i was stupid enough to try a pre work out powder (ds craze, they've tried to ban it), and it threw me into panic central. i think it's what led me to this predicament..

it wouldn't surprise me seeing as it's not the caffeine that's the main ingredient but all the phenylethylamine in it. i feel really guilty and stupid. but i know it was a mistake i made and i have to stop blaming myself or i'll never fix it.

thing is i've gotten to the point where i don't have outward rages that often, i just have internal violence which leads to numbness. i'm really tired of going through this.

Back
Top Bottom