The good/bad/UGLY of Lamotrigine

Blonde Angel

Stalwart
Reaction score
ATM she is quite bombed out in the mornings and needs to sleep in seems like a chemically induced thing which I am not liking but my daughter does have a big reduction in seizures and it is not as severe like the tonic clonic of past 3 minutes which makes me nervous.... currently on 50mg Lamictal twice daily and Trileptal 300mg morning and 600mg night with Frisium (Clobazam 15mg morning and night). She is also on Melatonin at night. We will be seeing the neurologist next month for review the meds.

Blonde Angel

Stalwart
Reaction score
I've also taken it for over a decade. I take 200mg twice daily and it's had the least side effects of any drug I've taken.
Occasionally I've had what seemed almost like an aura.
Would you mind describing the aura? :) as I am trying to understand what my girl may be experiencing/feeling as she is a nonverbal but behaviour is the one cue that lets me know if something is off.... as there does seem times she is really emotional for no apparent reason... and sometimes she may have a seizure later...

Sabbo

Veteran
Reaction score
My doctor tried to add Lamictil/Lamotrigene as a third AED, but I can't use it. It is related to Tegretol. Within a few days of starting it, I felt a rash starting across my upper back, just like the one Tegretol started. I stopped it immediately.