The good/bad/UGLY of Lamotrigine

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

When I was taking Lamictal and Briviact at low dose didn't get anywhere with either of them so they got changed to something else. Medication and I don't get along, literally.

I often joke about wondering how long it will be before my brain/seizures become "immune" to a new dose or a new AED, allowing the complex partials to start again.

I often joke about wondering how long it will be before my brain/seizures become "immune" to a new dose or a new AED, allowing the complex partials to start again.
I feel the same exact way as you. There has been double digits on some of these medications for time length which does raise the exact question as you mention. *sigh* I have gotten very tired both mentally and physically changing medication as it just becomes old after awhile. Fully agree with you 100% Sabbo. (y)

I'd often joke with lab techs (when on AEDs requiring monthly monitoring) that they should just stick a cork in my arm to make obtaining blood easier. I truly no longer feel needles going into my right arm's vein. For me, switching AEDs/ trying new doses have become so common that I often say I feel like a lab rat or guinea pig.

Back
Top Bottom