The Lighter Side of Us

If I had my way I would be a ...

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi Everyone

I choose Route 66, as well as the redwood trees. I was raised going down Route 66 and they should never taken it away. I really miss it.

We all have to support each other. I wish people would just get that. Diabetic, epileptic, just black or white we should support each other. Totally agree with you feast. Happy today. Teresa

Hi Teresa

I am glad you feel the same way that I do. We all agree. I hope more in the forum agree with us. Some people do not post their own picture. I do not because I do not know how. But how many do not post their picture, because of the color of their skin. Are they afraid that us in the support group will shun them.

It is scary that some might. I am not prejuiced against any color of anyone. In my neighborhood or in the support group. In fact, where I live, about 50% of the people are Spanish (mexican). They pick the crops. Will white people pick the crops?

I have a next door neighbor who is African American. We talk to each other. Sometimes, we agree and sometimes we do not.

If we do not support everyone in the forum, who will support those that people are prejuiced against. We are to support everyone. I repeat myself a lot, confusion and I forget what else. Are people prejucided against me because of those 2 things that have to do with my epilepsy? Yes, some people get fed up with my repeating myself and my confusion. Thank you for bringing it up.

i chose wild mustang cuz i have always been a horse freak evehn after couple slight acdents with them.

Ya, but even 2 whites might not get along. I have girfriends. whoa! I get a long with guys better. They just seem more open minded. Most of the time.

Bigman I can say I love those cars. Nice decision you made. My dream car is my photo album book. I added alot of different cars from a car show I went to last year. I hope you like them.

Last edited:
I agree with you feast and teresa. kinda hard to be predjudice when even though i dont look it am part native american 2necies affrican american she is my full sisters kid so ya she got native american ahd 1 sis nd 1 bro our latino(diff dad's) i lovem them all really its just skin inside is what matters though. heritage its good to know were you come from but dont mean ya shouldnt get along with everyone. i grew up were ppls tudes were wacked us kids got on fine but adults were crazy most of them would shun certian familys for not being part scottish or part irish and ya fam got shunned if were friends with such ppl and parents would scream at their kids if they talked to not like family or someone who was friends with such. i thought nd still think it was ridclous we our all human. some of us kids who wern't allowed to get along even though we did we'd sneak up to mcdolands order drinks nd chat there. color nd such shoulndt make difff in friend ships

Wow, you guys should come to Hawaii. it is the most racist state and the most tolerant state at the same time! The Hawaiian language even has a word for inter-racial,hapa. It is used lovingly. We got Chinese, Japanese, Okinawan, Korean, Philipino, Micronesian, Samoan, Tongan, Hawaiian, oh and some Caucasians and some African Americans. It is not unusual to refer to someone by their ethnicity first almost as a point of reference. On a small island, we have no choice but to celebrate the differences and get along. Remember folks , minority refers to a number, not a person!

That is right, paradise survivor. It is what is inside a person that counts. We do not get along with other people, but it is has nothing to do with the color of a person. It can be a personality clash.

marjormana, my husband is part native American, it doesn't bother anyone. I am part scottish, german and no telling what other. Race is not a problem or should not be with anyone. We do not get along with everyone, but it has nothing with race with me.

A Mustang Horse, Definitely!

I spend what normal time I do have around horses and despite the warnings that they could kill me....it's the ONLY time I ever feel true peace. As a Mustang we would showcase all of the things that make us wonderful as Epileptics..... strength of heart, willpower, desire, drive and the ability to forge ahead despite harsh circumstances. Plus, nothing says crazy animal mane like a good old-fashioned Grand Mal seizure!

Hi Grazianina, I am glad to meet you. You will like it here.

When I was 6, I got my first horse. That was also the same year I was diagnosed with epilepsy. I never paid any attention to the warnings either. I was relaxed with my horses. I had horses until I was 18. Then it off to college. I miss my love of horses.

Hi Grazianina, I am glad to meet you. You will like it here.

When I was 6, I got my first horse. That was also the same year I was diagnosed with epilepsy. I never paid any attention to the warnings either. I was relaxed with my horses. I had horses until I was 18. Then it off to college. I miss my love of horses.
Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been GM Epileptic for 31 years now.....happy anniversary to me on 7/1, but never joined any chat groups or even looked things up online. I always felt I had it down and didn't need to "feel different". Now I've come to realize how great it is having so many I can truly share those aspects of my life with that others can never understand. I know I'm going to like it here :)

Hi Grazianina, you will love it here.

I have had epilepsy for 60 years now. I do not remember the day that I was first diagnosed. We will learn from you as well. You do not need to be different from other people. When I was diagnosed at age 6, I told everyone that I have epilepsy. I figured that if the ones were my friends, they will continue to be my friends. If not, they were not true friends anyway. I still tell everyone that I have epilepsy.

People accept epilepsy more now. By talking to your friends about your experinces you will be educating them. That way they will understand epilepsy more. I have found that to be true.

I love cars !!!so of couse I picked the 'vette. My step dad was has several old cars that he is planing on making at least 1 good car out of. we built a truck together when I was like 14 or 15 years old. I love working with my hands!

I would be a wild mustang horse. I feel a kinship with nature. I would love to run free and wild with the wind in my mane.

I would be a ghost that could pass through walls, read minds, and predict the future, therefore no more illness to deal with!

Last edited:
Hi Cindy, the day will come when there will be no more illness, death, mourning or burials.
I am not kidding, it is the truth.

I chose the boulder. I would like to be a vision of strength and security for my surroundings.

I chose 'vette. a) because I have one in storage until if i ever get my dl back. a dark red 87 c4. used to be my dad's

and because I compete for no other reason than i can. used to race motorcycles, play sports, race bicycles and stuff now. It just feels right

Back
Top Bottom