The midnight club

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Thought I'd stop in to say hi :) its actually 8am here, my friend invited herself round for an early morning cooked breakfast lol. Shell probably be here soon since she finishes work at 8.

Tegretol has been making me sleep loads, but not good quality sleep. I keep waking up randomly and some odd things going on that I'm not sure whether or not are night seizures. About 90% sure they are. Also keep falling asleep during the day, even at work! Oh well, neurologist appointment on the 16th.

Just after midnight, only got up from my snooze at 10pm, heading back to bed now. Had a great day shopping with my friend and have a very busy weekend coming up! Going to manchester tomorrow to see Flogging Molly live and then a fireworks party on Sunday.

Crap, forgot to take evening meds, better do that. Nighty night!

Sewn? Very neat. What are you going to make with it? And your arm is still in a brace? Does it still hurt a lot?

nah, out of the brace, still hurts a little when i think about it. lost a little of my range of motion. but generally ok,

One (maybe the only) benefit of being a member of the midnight club - when new year's eve arrives, we'll already be awake.

That's a good point Endless ! Tegretol makes me very sleepy but I'm off work with a chest infection this week and it keeps waking me up at night by coughing.

Oh well. Off to see my wee nephew tomorrow. He's now nine months old and absolutely adorable. When we're out people stop to say what beautiful big blue eyes he has. I got him a little outfit with thumper on it because he's always banging his feet on the floor :)

Lou,

I'm so glad your nephew is doing well! It was a long hard haul. Thumper... how cute!

They say chronic insomnia can affect the immune system. On top of the AEDs which can as well. Lovely.

Fun insomniac fact #372: The air outside smells great at 2:00 a.m.

Owen (my nephew) is now living back with his mum but we have some concerns about it. We get to see him every week though :) we keep a log of everything in case we need to raise any concerns with the social worker. My mum always brings things up with Owens mum first though if there's any problems.

My chest is feeling a little better now, but my throat around my voice box is all swollen instead, so alas I'm still up coughing. Oh well, two more days til I have to be back at work.

wow. amazing how the same bug is going around the world. the joys of an open travel system, I guess.

Feel better soon, okay?

I found, bacon egg cheese muffins i want to make when i have time.

Ambien! Restoril! I think you are working! Woohoo! Finally one day I get sleepy. It's going to be so nice to take a nap. It's going to be like a warm cup of soup after a chilly walk home from school or a bandage on a scraped up elbow or a best friend hug after some careless hurt words. I can't wait. Talk to you in the morning!

Happy Holidays!!! :xmas:

Its the begining of the holiday season. Egg nog :cheers: and cookies:cake: and insane feasts :hungry:to come
:woot:

Thanksgiving was just a warmup. Yeaaaaaa!

Trazadone for me. I was dead to the world last night. Took 3, slept all night. But now I'm a walking zombie. Having troulbe functioning. Going back to sleep. :coffee:

My husband works the night shift at the hospital as a programmer. So, I go by his shift hours and am up watching TV most of the night kicked back on the couch. I get on the computer throughout the week to job seeking or I log into here and leave messages. =)

I gotta say I'm lovong the O-night shift! 10pm til 8am. Happy me. I have trouble sleeping at night and trying to get up in time with the rest of the world was causeing me all kinds of seizure issues. Its strange I'm so much better balanced personally with the graveyard shift.

1 million employers would love you guys. You would WANT to work night shift! lol... I'm glad this schedule is working for you.

I want to sleep. Can't sleep. This is after taking 3 trazadones. I'm wide awake. :eek:

I'm a walking, sleep deprived zombie. I'm back to 2-3 hours a night.

Back
Top Bottom