Ticked Off, once again.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

batman

Been around the epilepsy block a few times
Reaction score
My being "ticked off" was just increased while watching a public awareness commercial on TV about 'Adult ADHD'. The website for it is www.adhdactionguide.com

I'm sure that commercial will be beneficial for everyone who has been diagnosed with ADHD. But for the people who do have and who do not have epilepsy, what on earth do we need to do in order to get any public awareness commercials on TV about epilepsy? Is there something legally blocking this from happening? Or possibly something religiously blocking any public awareness commercials on TV about epilepsy?

That site (and I'm guessing that commercial) are owned/produced by a pharmaceutical company:

http://www.shire.com/shireplc/en/about/aboutshire

If the epilepsy market were larger/more lucrative, I'm sure big pharma would be all over the TV with awareness ads promoting their solutions.

I do remember quite a few commercials put out a while back.

a little girls staring off into space in class and the teacher lecturing her for not paying attention. then the boy beside her tells the teacher she is having a seizure

and the one with the little boy who falls off the swing and seizes

there were alot more in that series and im sure you can you tube them.

If the epilepsy market were larger/more lucrative, I'm sure big pharma would be all over the TV with awareness ads promoting their solutions.

Larger and more lucrative than what exactly Bernard? If I remember correctly, isn't the estimated number of people with breast cancer and the estimated number of people with epilepsy, in America, about the same?

Rae1889, I know exactly which commercials you are talking about. They are wonderful. If they had never been available to watch on epilepsyontario.org and YouTube, then I would have never known about them. I've told people about them many times by posting links to those videos in my replies. But those commercials are in Canada. Not in the United Stated of America.

Really?
thats really pointless.
Considering commercials are so cheap to actual make, i think that it shouldnt be to hard for me to make one my self,

Last edited:
Larger and more lucrative than what exactly Bernard?

Than what it is. The ADHD market is larger, so big pharma expects some ROI out of the commercials/venture.

If you followed the saga of Cyberonics attempts to market the VNS to the depression market, you should have some idea how these companies think. The epilepsy market is small compared to many others (where drugs are the first line treatment).

Back
Top Bottom